Solved

WattBot not working

WattBot isn't responding
icon

Best answer by AndyL 7 June 2019, 18:27

Everything else works, it's only WattBot that didn't. However, now my phone is no longer connected to my work WiFi it's working again. I can only assume WattBot uses a port blocked by my firms firewalls. Thanks to everyone for their input. Andy
View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi AndyL,
What problem are you experiencing, it's working for me
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Andy
is it producing a bot reply when you type in a question, or have you typed in message the team and simply not had a reply yet? (replies from the team are not instant)

AndyL;30786:
WattBot isn't responding
I got a text from the team saying I had a message but noting is shown in WattBot. If I type a question or just hello I get no response
AndyL;30790:
I got a text from the team saying I had a message but noting is shown in WattBot. If I type a question or just hello I get no response

Hi Andy,
Sometimes if you receive a message stating that you have a response from WattBot..... and if you click on the link in the message then you may not be connected to your response from WattBot.... Try this...
Open the App and access WattBot via the help tab..... This worked for me when I had the same issue..... It is a glitch in the WattBot system.
Hi Gray, tried going into the app, selecting help, then WattBot. Before I had my previous WattBot conversation and responses from the team. Now there is only the initial WattBot 'hello, how can I help' type question and nothing else. If I type anything to WattBot I get no respjnse.
AndyL;30803:
Hi Gray, tried going into the app, selecting help, then WattBot. Before I had my previous WattBot conversation and responses from the team. Now there is only the initial WattBot 'hello, how can I help' type question and nothing else. If I type anything to WattBot I get no respjnse.

Please try and do this once more, and let the forum know if you can "Message the team"
The next thing to try if this isn't working..... Uninstall the App.... then download the App again and see if this is the answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey @Marc and @Nataly

Maybe a team member can pick this up??
Hey @AndyL

AndyL;30803:

One of our team replied to your chat this morning - this may sound stupid, but could you also check if you're logged in?

Our latest message should be appearing when you go into WattBot.
I logged out of the app and back in. The only message I have is the initial WattBot greetig

I'll try uninstalling and re-installing now.

- - - Updated - - -

Uninstall and re-install but still the same. Just the welcome message and I'd I type anything I get no response.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi AndyL

Sorry wattbot isn't working for you at the moment. Can I just check a couple of things? When you go to the menu in the app, do you see links to 'Account, 'Balance & Payments', 'Send a meter reading' etc?

If not, then there might be a problem with logging in to the app. Use the Log In link on the menu, enter your email address and click the login link on the email you receive.

Assuming you are logged in ok, it's worth clicking 'Help' in the menu and then 'Ask WattBot'. You should then see some swirling circles as it loads your previous messages. It doesn't seem like this is happening for you at the moment. I can see that WattBot was working for you earlier in the week so I'm wondering what might have changed since then. Have you updated your email address or using a different device perhaps?

Al.
Everything else works, it's only WattBot that didn't. However, now my phone is no longer connected to my work WiFi it's working again. I can only assume WattBot uses a port blocked by my firms firewalls. Thanks to everyone for their input. Andy
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Al
​what ports does Wattbot use?
Al O;30812:
Hi AndyL

Sorry wattbot isn't working for you at the moment. Can I just check a couple of things? When you go to the menu in the app, do you see links to 'Account, 'Balance & Payments', 'Send a meter reading' etc?

If not, then there might be a problem with logging in to the app. Use the Log In link on the menu, enter your email address and click the login link on the email you receive.

Assuming you are logged in ok, it's worth clicking 'Help' in the menu and then 'Ask WattBot'. You should then see some swirling circles as it loads your previous messages. It doesn't seem like this is happening for you at the moment. I can see that WattBot was working for you earlier in the week so I'm wondering what might have changed since then. Have you updated your email address or using a different device perhaps?

Al.