Solved

Warm Home Discount Scheme

• 10 November 2019
  • 8 replies

Does this scheme apply to pure planet anybody know
icon

Best answer by Mavis1 10 November 2019, 14:06

Hello Dot6.

as far as i know PP dont yet take part in this scheme. At some point they will as once they hit a certain amount of customers it becomes compulsory to take part. Not sure how close they are to that though.
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hello Dot6.

as far as i know PP dont yet take part in this scheme. At some point they will as once they hit a certain amount of customers it becomes compulsory to take part. Not sure how close they are to that though.
Dot6;42399:
Does this scheme apply to pure planet anybody know

Hi @Dot6
Welcome to the community, and thanks for posting a great question. 😊

​​​​​​​@Jon1 is spot on.
The Warm Home Discount scheme operated by the Government becomes mandatory when an energy supplier reaches a certain size.
We're not quite there yet so at the moment we don't offer payments under this scheme. It's something we're currently looking at and we expect to be offering it from next winter.
The Government has a list of suppliers who are in the scheme, which can be found here.

Dear Sirs,

I should be grateful if Pure Plant reply to me via my email as soon as possible please and help me to apply for Warm Winter Support which is £140 as the case with my previous supplier Bulb.

Kind Regards,

Ahmed Bokash

Hey @ahmedbokash 

Just to let you know,  I’ve removed your email address from your post. This is a public forum so it’s best not to post any personal info :) 

Our Warm Home Discount applications our now open for 2020 - check out our FAQ for all the info on how to apply :thumbsup:

Thank you Nataly.

We've recently switched over to Pure Planet, only in the last 2 months, but if I 've read the government information site correctly it's applied to the energy account we had on July the 5th this year.

In this case that would be EON so how does this impact on us this winter?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

We've recently switched over to Pure Planet, only in the last 2 months, but if I 've read the government information site correctly it's applied to the energy account we had on July the 5th this year.

In this case that would be EON so how does this impact on us this winter?

Sorry to answer with a question, have you tried the gov. freephone helpline Telephone: 0800 731 0214?

Ofgem have answered this as follows <link

Will I still receive my rebate if I switch suppliers?

Hide

Core Group

If you were with a participating supplier on the qualifying date of 7 July 2019 and you were eligible under the Core Group element, the supplier you were with will be instructed to pay you. We would advise you to contact the supplier you were with on the qualifying date to check they still have your contact details and to ask how and when you will be paid the rebate.

If you were not with a participating supplier on the qualifying date of 7 July 2019 and you have switched to a participating supplier after that date, even though you may be eligible under the Core Group element, you will not receive the rebate as part of the Core Group. In this case you may wish to apply to your new supplier as part of the Broader Group.

Broader Group

If you are eligible to receive the WHD rebate with your current supplier and are thinking about changing suppliers, you may wish to check that the supplier you are considering moving to also participates in the WHD scheme and that you are eligible under their scheme.

If you are successful in applying for a Broader Group rebate with one energy supplier, then we would suggest you wait until you have received the rebate before switching to a new supplier. If you received a Broader Group rebate from your old supplier, you should not assume that you will be entitled to receive a Broader Group rebate from your new supplier.

Ofgem’s Confidence Code is a code of practice that governs independent energy price comparison sites. This means that sites covered by the Code must inform you whether the supplier you are considering moving to participates in the WHD scheme or not. 

Thank you for the reply.

I'll call them on Monday and chase it up with EON as well.