Solved

usage

• 20 June 2021
  • 4 replies

How can I find out my annual usage in kw my contract runs out in august and comparison sites ask for annual usage

icon

Best answer by woz 20 June 2021, 15:57

@Cliff78 

The figure on the rhs of the statement is only an estimate and may not be very accurate.

Here’s what to do 

If electricity    (gas is different)

find your first PP statement look at the start reading used for electricity start  example 15792

find latest statement write down last reading. example 18322

Count the number of statements overall (9 or 10?) say 10

subtract first from second 18322-15792=2530

divide by number of statements, 2530 divided by 10 = 253 then multiply by 12 = 3036kW

Then compare with what statement says.

Gas

Do the same for gas using the cubic metre gas readings then multiply the final answer by  11.4, that will be near enough, again compare with statement

(this isn’t perfect, because of where we are in the year it may overestimate slightly )

post back?

View original

4 replies

Hi @Cliff78, look at your statements.  There is an Estimated Annual Usage on the right of page 2.

Or do the maths from your readings (from the statements) over the last year, if you want an exact historical figure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Cliff78 

The figure on the rhs of the statement is only an estimate and may not be very accurate.

Here’s what to do 

If electricity    (gas is different)

find your first PP statement look at the start reading used for electricity start  example 15792

find latest statement write down last reading. example 18322

Count the number of statements overall (9 or 10?) say 10

subtract first from second 18322-15792=2530

divide by number of statements, 2530 divided by 10 = 253 then multiply by 12 = 3036kW

Then compare with what statement says.

Gas

Do the same for gas using the cubic metre gas readings then multiply the final answer by  11.4, that will be near enough, again compare with statement

(this isn’t perfect, because of where we are in the year it may overestimate slightly )

post back?

Hello @Cliff78 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

@25 quid and @woz have been brilliant and covered all bases here - I hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge

On the app too their is a usage tab which should show all the usage too.