Solved

usage

• 17 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I am on the fixed monthly payments plan and wondered if that means my electricity usage is effectively unlimited? I am worried that I’ve committed to a contract but at the end of the 12 months I’ll get an extra bill because of going over a ‘set amount’ that I’m unaware of. not sure if this sounds silly or not. I’m only in my first month and I’ll be paying slightly more in winter and less in the warmer months which is great but I’m a bit scared that putting my heating on too much will run up an additional bill. can anyone advise?

icon

Best answer by Bev 18 October 2020, 09:48

It’s the unit price that is fixed, GRA, so if you use more electricity, you are using more units. It’s not the direct debit that’s fixed, to enable unlimited use. That’d be nice! 

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

Your electricity is not unlimited. 

You pay a fixed amount every month based on your estimated usage, worked out when you switched. 

PP will review your account twice a year and if your usage is above what is estimated , then they will increase your DD accordingly. 

Similarly, if your usage is below what has been estimated , your DDs will decrease.

Ultimately, you will always pay for what you use. 

Heres a link for you to have a look at:

https://community.purepla.net/payments-31/how-annual-energy-usage-is-calculated-10859

Hope this helps .

Badge +1

Hi @GRA 

Great advice from @Angelabikerbabe 

Just to add, saving energy save you money and helps our planet 🌍❤

Good Evening 👍 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I am on the fixed monthly payments plan and wondered if that means my electricity usage is effectively unlimited? I am worried that I’ve committed to a contract but at the end of the 12 months I’ll get an extra bill because of going over a ‘set amount’ that I’m unaware of. not sure if this sounds silly or not. I’m only in my first month and I’ll be paying slightly more in winter and less in the warmer months which is great but I’m a bit scared that putting my heating on too much will run up an additional bill. can anyone advise?

@GRA 

I’m replying because I don’t want to see a customer worried about using their heating. You shouldn’t have that stress.

When you switched how did you decide on the annual usage? Did you set it or did PP set it for you?

Will you be giving monthly readings or do you have a Smart Meter?

As Angela has said your payments are set according to what Pure Planet think you are going to use over the course of a year, your balance on the statements will fluctuate if you use more or less than expected. 

If what the annual estimate was based on is reasonable you’ll be fine and your payments will cover it over the year (unless we have lots more Beasts from the East).

If you’re worried can you dig out some previous  providers bills  which cover a calendar year and we’ll try and help put your mind at rest by seeing what you used with your previous supplier and whether we think your payments are likely to cover it.

Other than that PP will keep an eye on the balance and review it in 6 months or earlier if your balance goes way out of kilter.

Post back if you need more help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It’s the unit price that is fixed, GRA, so if you use more electricity, you are using more units. It’s not the direct debit that’s fixed, to enable unlimited use. That’d be nice! 

Userlevel 1

Thank you everyone, I think I understand it more now. Thanks so much for your replies ☺️

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You're very welcome 😁