Solved

Upping my tariff

• 11 September 2019
  • 2 replies

How do i pay my final bill. Pureplanet has become the most expensive utility company that I have been with. I need to speak to someone in regards to paying my final bill and leaving.

- - - Updated - - -

First Pureplanet estimated my gas and electricity usage (I was away at the time when the readings were due).Based on their estimations they have upped my tariff. I submitted my readings when I was home and they basically told that my the readings were wrong because they were to low when compared to their estimated readings.What is going on?
icon

Best answer by Angelabikerbabe 11 September 2019, 19:02

Hi, sorry to hear you want to leave.
firstly, if you do not submit meter readings then PP have to estimate your readings.
secondly, if the app is telling you your readings are too low, as long as you have entered the correct readings then just ignore this. It's just a failsafe in case you accidently enter an incorrect number.
I don't understand how they've 'upped your tariff' there's only 1 tariff. Do you mean they've upped your DD?

if you really want to leave, the you'll have to start a switch with another provider.
A switch normally takes up to 6 weeks to complete.
Once the switch has completed, PP will issue your final bill and if you're in credit, they will refund you, if you owe PP then they will collect the final amount.
Don't cancel your DD, because they won't be able to refund you then.
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi, sorry to hear you want to leave.
firstly, if you do not submit meter readings then PP have to estimate your readings.
secondly, if the app is telling you your readings are too low, as long as you have entered the correct readings then just ignore this. It's just a failsafe in case you accidently enter an incorrect number.
I don't understand how they've 'upped your tariff' there's only 1 tariff. Do you mean they've upped your DD?

if you really want to leave, the you'll have to start a switch with another provider.
A switch normally takes up to 6 weeks to complete.
Once the switch has completed, PP will issue your final bill and if you're in credit, they will refund you, if you owe PP then they will collect the final amount.
Don't cancel your DD, because they won't be able to refund you then.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
shaun J;37354:
How do i pay my final bill. Pureplanet has become the most expensive utility company that I have been with. I need to speak to someone in regards to paying my final bill and leaving.

- - - Updated - - -

First Pureplanet estimated my gas and electricity usage (I was away at the time when the readings were due).Based on their estimations they have upped my tariff. I submitted my readings when I was home and they basically told that my the readings were wrong because they were to low when compared to their estimated readings.What is going on?

Hi there
Have you seen the answer I posted in response to your post last week? I think it answers your questions.

Worth repeating - your tariff has not been increased - your monthly direct debit may have been. You will only ever pay for energy you have used...

Stephen