Solved

Unable to Login to Iphone Mobile App

• 7 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I’ve just downloaded the app for iOS, and the following happens.

1.  Open app, click on “Log in”
  2. Enter my email address, click Log in
  3. Receive email and click on the link
  4. Link opens Safari, which then takes me to the app again.
  5. App is still sat on the “Log in” Thanks. We’ve sent an email page

I’ve deleted the app and deleted all emails relating to login, re-installed and it’s still doing it.

Never ending loop of doing this.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by woz 8 April 2021, 15:35

@Batfink

This is odd, You say safari takes you to the app again, but at that point you should be logged in in the app. Are you sure you aren’t logged in?

Start again, go to the email, hold your finger on the link and copy it. Close the app (swipe close), go to safari, open a new page paste and go the link, it should take you to a page with an option to open the app, click that and you should be logged in.

What happens and what do you see? Does it say xxxxxx’s Planet (or whatever your name is in the app)?

Are you using a vpn or adblocker?

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

This may help:

https://community.purepla.net/ask-the-community-15/logged-out-7861?postid=41009#post41009

Hi,

Thanks for the link, but I’ve done everything on there already and it’s still a loop I get into.

Cheers

Hey @Batfink 

This certainly sounds strange! I’ve not seen this being reported by other Members, so I think it’d be best to get in touch with our Member Services team directly - they’ll be able to look into what’s happening on your account. 

In your app you should be able to access ‘get help and support’, even if not logged in. Select ‘ask a question’ and explain the situation. The team will need to ask a few extra security questions to confirm your identity (since you aren’t logged in) and, after that, will be able to check what’s going on. :slight_smile:

It may also be worth seeing if you’re able to log in OK online at purepla.net, instead of on the mobile app? You’d be able to manage your account from there in the meantime. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Batfink

This is odd, You say safari takes you to the app again, but at that point you should be logged in in the app. Are you sure you aren’t logged in?

Start again, go to the email, hold your finger on the link and copy it. Close the app (swipe close), go to safari, open a new page paste and go the link, it should take you to a page with an option to open the app, click that and you should be logged in.

What happens and what do you see? Does it say xxxxxx’s Planet (or whatever your name is in the app)?

@Batfink

Hi Woz,

Thanks for this.  I turned off wifi so I wasn’t using my local lan as I’m using PiHole ad blocker.  As soon as I did that and using 5G the App opened and I was logged on.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Batfink  glad you’re sorted and thanks for posting back.

Welcome to the community by the way...

Hey @Batfink 

Great to hear you’re now logged in! Thanks for letting us know :grin: