Solved

Unable to change Tariff due to end 02/06/21

Userlevel 3

Hi

Our existing Tariff ends tomorrow ( 12m Fixed May20 v1 - ends 02/06/21 ). Ideally I would like to renew with Pure Planet.

However , when I view via either App ( android ) or browser ( chrome ) it only displays our existing contract/tariff and suggests we have recently switched to it ( clearly wrong ).

I have submitted the issue via WhatBot over the last week and asked for a Staff member to contact me , unfortunately with no response to date. I have today read a bit further re WhatBot and submitted a ‘ Message the Team ‘ request with a link to this post.

I may now have to consider switching to get around the issue.

Help please….

Best Neil

icon

Best answer by stephenrand 3 June 2021, 00:04

View original

31 replies

Hi @flame,

Seems like there is a confusion with PP thinking you’re on a different tariff to what you are on Neil. 

The Wattbot thing should have helped, but if it didn’t say it had passed your message to the team, you’ll wait forever for a reply.

So pop back and type message the team and they should give you a reply within a few days.

Good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@flame 

I wonder if the  introduction of the new fixed tariff gas anything to do with this. PP usually remove a tariff before introducing the new one.

Have another look to see if the new tariff is now available to you.

Userlevel 3

Hi

Thought you would like to know that Pure Planet support team are now on the case and have made a new replacement tariff available on my account this afternoon.

Just refining those estimated plan price figures as looks a bit pricey currently….:grinning:

Thanks all !

Best Neil

Great new Neil @flame, thanks for posting back! 😊  

Hello Neil, 

Great username @flame :fire:

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

I’m glad to hear the team have sorted this for you, thank you for keeping us all updated! :smiley:

Userlevel 3

Hi 

Thanks for the replies….best advice to contact Pp is certainly a ‘ Message the Team ‘ request via WhatBot.

Unfortunately it looks like a very short community membership here as based on the new contract figures , we are off to pastures new for a year….possibly less :grinning:

Take care all

Best Neil

@flame thank you for the update! Our Community is welcome to all, you don’t need to be on supply with us, you’re welcome here anytime, it’d be our pleasure! :smiley:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @flame 

Just reading through this thread, the puzzling thing to me is that you should have been alerted to the new tariffs available to you over a month ago, and every time you opened the app it would have alerted you to the need to change your tariff with a button on the home page. I only raise this because there may well have been a better tariff on offer a month ago, and so if the alert system didn’t work you may have missed out, and you may want to ask Pure Planet what happened. 

My tariff ends on 14 June, and the big discovery I made when I got the alert email indicating what I needed to do was that when I chose the new tariff I stayed on the old one until its end date, so there was no need to wait until the last minute to try and save money.

Stephen

Yes, I switched to the now defunct 16m fixed weeks ago and it still hasn’t activated (2 days still on the cheaper one).

Plus I can still opt out and cancel the switch. So lock in a deal now safe in the knowledge that you can cancel if you change your mind...

Userlevel 3

Morning @stephenrand 

Thanks for the reply….

I received the attached email on 13/04/21. However between then & now no alternative new tariff(s) were made available to me via the Pp App or Browser and clearly something was not quite right as per my original post and subsequent action taken by the Pp support team.

The new supplier variable tariff unit kwh rates ( no exit fees ) are lower than Pp’s default variable and quite a bit lower ( understandably ) than the fixed Pp tariff rates.

Here’s a quick unit comparison:

Old Pp tariff - 13.5030p/kwh ( Elec ) & 2.3730p/kWh ( Gas )

New Supplier - 15.46p/kWh ( Elec )    2.741p/kWh ( Gas )

This energy lark is all a bit of a gamble IMHO….but what do I know :grinning:

Best Neil

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @flame 

Definitely agree with you about the gamble!!

You've proved my point, I think... In the period between your initial email and your 2 June closing date, Pure Planet offered 2 or 3 new fixed tariffs. I opted for one that turned out to be 16 months, a fact I didn't notice. It was only available for a week.

I was hoping to be able to demonstrate that it would have been a better deal than the one you are now getting elsewhere, in which case I think you could go back to Pure Planet and ask to be transferred to it on the basis that whatever the system problems were, they prevented you opting for a better deal.

But I can't see what the terms of my new tariff are until the switchover date! Some of the spreadsheet experts may be able to tell you…

If I had an email confirming the new tariff I'll get back to you.

Stephen

Yes, crazy that PP hide the details of an impending tariff! 😖

Userlevel 3

Hi All

After a quick trip to Igloo energy ( who promptly increased their standard variable tariff ) , I’m back again !

Best Neil

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi All

After a quick trip to Igloo energy ( who promptly increased their standard variable tariff ) , I’m back again !

Best Neil

Oh have you signed up to PP @flame ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@flame  @Duppy @stephenrand 

I thought Ofgem rules were that PP had to alert you to cheaper tariffs, (loopholes and get out clauses aside of course as there are many)

If a tariff isn’t there long enough I would have thought that given PP is digital the least they could do is to filter to find everyone who is within 42 days (42 not 49 for letting customers know but why not use 52 days?) and email thereafter every time there is a tariff change.

The moral of the story here is that irrespective of the rules customers sadly heed to be very proactive especially now, but that they have to be should not be so.

One of the mantras of PP is about helping customers to get affordable energy, so every means available should be used. 

Userlevel 3

Oh have you signed up to PP @flame ?

Hiya @Angelabikerbabe

Yep , not bad going in 2x months….considering it takes 3x weeks to move to a new supplier , then 3x weeks to comeback to my original supplier ( PP > Igloo > PP ) and 6x weeks to get a final bill/refund each time ! :grinning:

I did manage to bring the in-laws along this time , so looking forward to a £25 credit in my account to contribute to the ( wallet ) damage in rising tariff costs !!!

Best Neil

Great to hear your updates @flame !

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Oh have you signed up to PP @flame ?

Hiya @Angelabikerbabe

Yep , not bad going in 2x months….considering it takes 3x weeks to move to a new supplier , then 3x weeks to comeback to my original supplier ( PP > Igloo > PP ) and 6x weeks to get a final bill/refund each time ! :grinning:

I did manage to bring the in-laws along this time , so looking forward to a £25 credit in my account to contribute to the ( wallet ) damage in rising tariff costs !!!

Best Neil

WOW !! Welcome back 👍

Thank you for keeping us all updated @flame, it’s fab to welcome you back Neil!!

And fantastic that you’ve brought the in-laws along, cheers to that!:grin:  

Userlevel 3

Hi

Something a little unusual in my experience to report….

It appears my recent move from Igloo energy > Pure Planet wasn’t as successful as the emails suggested ( you know , the ‘ Welcome to Pure Planet ‘ one ).

My dual PP tariff and matching PP DD payment are being taken , however only the Gas supply made it across….Igloo still have the electricity and are currently have an OS debit balance for me and just to add insult to injury , are increasing their prices ( again ) !

They also want 21x days notice to move the electricity supply….even though that should have happened already.

Unfortunately neither company have actually told me about the situation , I only noticed because a final payment that was meant to be taken by Igloo on 23/08 didn’t occur , so I rang them up to check what was going on.

Anyone else heard of this ? I’ve popped a request into the Bot asking PP Customer Services take a look asap.

Best Neil

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@flame 

I was reliably informed by PP (many moons ago) that if part of a dual fuel switch was stopped the whole switch was stopped,

and

if the switch hasn’t happened PP should have informed you

and

if the switch was blocked by  igloo they should have informed  you

so my guess is you’re delusional and it hasn’t happened because it can’t...errr...

I wonder if they’ve switched someone else’s electricity - is your meter number correct on the igloo side of things (and was it correct at PP’s end)??

Let us know how you get on?

Don’t be offended by @woz and his delusions… He’s kidding 😉 #justthoughtishouldsay

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Don’t be offended by @woz and his delusions… He’s kidding 😉 #justthoughtishouldsay

@25 quid I hope you’re  not suggesting that I’m suffering from (or possibly wallowing in) delusions of adequacy...I’m returning your :poop:, I’ve finished with it. It appears to be surprised.

Userlevel 3

@flame

I was reliably informed by PP (many moons ago) that if part of a dual fuel switch was stopped the whole switch was stopped,

and

if the switch hasn’t happened PP should have informed you

and

if the switch was blocked by  igloo they should have informed  you

so my guess is you’re delusional and it hasn’t happened because it can’t...errr...

I wonder if they’ve switched someone else’s electricity - is your meter number correct on the igloo side of things (and was it correct at PP’s end)??

Let us know how you get on?

Hi

I think I’ve probably got a case for compensation by PP as per Ofgem rules introduced in May 20 due to failure to switch/notify me.

I’ll be asking when CS reply….

Best Neil

Thanks for keeping us posted @flame - the team should certainly be able to shed some light on all of this for you - till then I hope you have a smashing weekend!

Also, loving the Bender avatar Neil!