Solved

Two rate, single display meter reading

• 9 October 2017
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I have a two rate, single display meter. Does anyone know if I am correct in assuming that rate 1 is the night reading and rate 2 is the day reading in the order it appears when I submit the reading?

Cheers
icon

Best answer by Toby 10 October 2017, 12:57

Hi Johan, as we cannot see the meter and take timed readings, the best way to check this out is to take 2 readings yourself - One at 10am and then another a few hours later. Whichever rate changes its usage amount is your day rate. Log down what both rates say before you test it. Remember though, we'll still need both readings from you when you submit them to us.

Sorry for not being able to do this for you, but we cant see it 🙂 . Let me know how you get on and if you need any more help!
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Hi @Johan, I'll talk to the team about this and come back with some info for you.
Userlevel 5
Hi Johan, as we cannot see the meter and take timed readings, the best way to check this out is to take 2 readings yourself - One at 10am and then another a few hours later. Whichever rate changes its usage amount is your day rate. Log down what both rates say before you test it. Remember though, we'll still need both readings from you when you submit them to us.

Sorry for not being able to do this for you, but we cant see it 🙂 . Let me know how you get on and if you need any more help!
Thank you Toby, I will try that. In practical terms though, does Pure Planet from a billing perspective care as long as I am consistent? I ask because you only have one unit rate so presumably the bill will be calculated on the difference between the total of the two readings?

Thanks
Userlevel 5
Hi @Johan, you are correct - The billing amount will simply be the 2 amounts added together. Any other questions on it? I want to make sure you're all sorted.
Thank you for confirming Toby. I think that is it for now. I simply wanted to make sure that you get everything you need to provide an accurate bill. If I find out that my first reading was the other way around regarding day and night I will be in touch. But in any event it sounds like you will have what you need even if that is the case.