Solved

Transfer to another supplier

• 15 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

I have instigated the process to transfer to another supplier thinking my 12month contract with Pure Planet had ended but I was wrong and have today been advised that I will be charged the £60 exit fee.

I would not have done the transfer if I hadn’t mixed up over the end date my contract with Pure Planet.

Can you please advise how I can resolve this as I cannot afford the cost of the exit fee. The switch is due to take place tomorrow.

Kind regards

Meinir Bishop

icon

Best answer by Gwyndy 15 March 2021, 14:30

Hi, 

I have instigated the process to transfer to another supplier thinking my 12month contract with Pure Planet had ended but I was wrong and have today been advised that I will be charged the £60 exit fee.

I would not have done the transfer if I hadn’t mixed up over the end date my contract with Pure Planet.

Can you please advise how I can resolve this as I cannot afford the cost of the exit fee. The switch is due to take place tomorrow.

Kind regards

Meinir Bishop

Prynhawn Da Meinir

I’ll be honest, if your switch is due to take place tomorrow, you probably can’t do anything to resolve it.

As I understand the OFGEM rules:

The first 14 days after you apply to switch are a ‘cooling-off’ period, during which you can tell your current supplier, or your new supplier, that you don’t want to switch after all - this 14 day period is also the only point in time that your current supplier can ‘object’ to the switch for their own reasons. 

After that, the switch itself actually starts to take place, this normally takes 3 working days. You could talk to your new supplier and see if they are able to do something, but I think it’s way too late now for Pure Planet to do anything to stop it, and if it’s due to take place tomorrow, it may also be too late for your new supplier to ‘stop it.’

Kindest Regards

Gwyndy

View original

2 replies

Hi, 

Kind regards

Meinir Bishop

Prynhawn Da Meinir

I’ll be honest, if your switch is due to take place tomorrow, you probably can’t do anything to resolve it.

As I understand the OFGEM rules:

The first 14 days after you apply to switch are a ‘cooling-off’ period, during which you can tell your current supplier, or your new supplier, that you don’t want to switch after all - this 14 day period is also the only point in time that your current supplier can ‘object’ to the switch for their own reasons. 

After that, the switch itself actually starts to take place, this normally takes 3 working days. You could talk to your new supplier and see if they are able to do something, but I think it’s way too late now for Pure Planet to do anything to stop it, and if it’s due to take place tomorrow, it may also be too late for your new supplier to ‘stop it.’

Kindest Regards

Gwyndy

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Meinirbishop You could say to your supplier that you switched in error and ask them if they can reverse it, they can do that with erroneous switches , so they might look kindly upon you if it’s possible to reverse it. 

Does your new tariff with the supplier you switched to have any exit penalties? 

Just to add although too late in your case, you can switch from PP without penalty 50 days before the end date of your fixed term (it may be 49 or 50 days with other suppliers, if you use 49 you’ll always avoid penalties)