Solved

There's no send button to tap

• 30 March 2018
  • 7 replies

It worked fine last month but this month I cannot submit my meter readings because the app has no send button on the screen so there's no way to tap send.

I could send you a screenshot to show you.

Moto G4 phone.

- - - Updated - - -

Some more information:
My Moto G4 phone is running Android 7.0
My Pure Planet app is v 7.0.13
and I will attach a screenshot (if I can work out how to add attachments!)

Thanks,
Steve
icon

Best answer by SteveB 31 March 2018, 09:50

Hi WOZ,

This is odd - this morning it is working. I did nothing different, except charge-up my phone overnight. I didn't restart the phone, I didn't reload the app, I didn't use a different device; I just tried repeating the process again this morning and it worked straight away. See attached screenshot giving evidence of this morning's success.

On my phone, I had to SLIDE-UP the WHITE AREA with my finger to reveal the Submit button but I'm sure I would have tried that last night, although maybe I was too tired. I am quite tech-savvy, honest I am, but I have to say it isn't visually-obvious that one has to slide-up the white area to reveal a hidden Submit button!

Anyway, Happy Easter ... the app is alive.

Thanks,
Steve
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Is your gas reading supposed to be 4 digits only? Mine is 5 (maybe you should have a leading zero or has the app dropped it for you?
I just looked at mine, the send button is directly under the word GAS the bottom of the pane, (which on your screenshot isn't long enough!) effectively in the same position as the submit on the previous screens, I'm on ios not android, but it should display the same.
It almost looks like you've run out of screen to fit it in or it thinks the filling in is incomplete hence comment above re gas.

If not the above then a few suggestions..
Maybe try restarting the phone?
Try the app on a different device (tablet/ipad etc?),
If all else fails, use wattbot (I really dislike that name, they should change it to Joulie...) and leave a "message for the team" with your readings etc.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

Happy Easter!
w
Hi WOZ,

This is odd - this morning it is working. I did nothing different, except charge-up my phone overnight. I didn't restart the phone, I didn't reload the app, I didn't use a different device; I just tried repeating the process again this morning and it worked straight away. See attached screenshot giving evidence of this morning's success.

On my phone, I had to SLIDE-UP the WHITE AREA with my finger to reveal the Submit button but I'm sure I would have tried that last night, although maybe I was too tired. I am quite tech-savvy, honest I am, but I have to say it isn't visually-obvious that one has to slide-up the white area to reveal a hidden Submit button!

Anyway, Happy Easter ... the app is alive.

Thanks,
Steve
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I thought of that but when I tried sliding it on mine I’m sure it made no difference , perhaps it behaves differently depending on screen res or OS, anyway glad it’s working, just about to do mine...I’ll check again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi woz. Just to answer a query on your post. Gas meters can be metric or imperial one of which have 4 numbers the other has 5, but dont ask me which one is which.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Yes the old imperial meters had 4 main digits preceding the decimal point, but there are imperial meters that have more than 4.
If you need to convert your cubic feet to kWh this is a useful resource.It assumes a calorific value which may differ slightly from that which PP use and so may not be 100% accurate but it's near enough.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I just submitted my latest readings (pre price rise), and the submit button definitely stays in view, it is not possible to scroll it off screen (I'm on an iphone 6), so perhaps it's behaving differently depending on screen resolution?
With that in mind perhaps it should be raised as a bug fix or check-it-out for future releases?
Hey @SteveB
Great to hear that it's working fine for you.
Sliding the screen is a very useful tip for other Moto G4 users if they come across a similar issue.
I'll let our app team know, but I just wanted to also say thanks for jumping back into the thread to let the community know how you fixed it 👍