Solved

Tenant joined pure planet

Hi my tenant joined pure planet but now they have left my property so how do I retake the bill under my name now they have gone? It's very frustrating not been able to ring up and speak to a human as the robot feature cant understand what I'm trying to achieve.
Cheers James
icon

Best answer by woz 3 June 2019, 14:43

Hi James
by far the easiest (but not the only) course of action is for you to download the app and join PP.
​Once done you can then communicate via help in the app - type "message the team" and your question, you'll get a human reply in a day or 2.
Their systems should know that it's the same property, and your tenants should, hopefully have given readings to PP when they left, (but keep a record of readings and photos anyway)
PP is app only, if you don't want to use the app you could wait for paper bill to drop through the door, and eventually switch out, but by far the least difficult course for you is to use the app. Once new tenants move in you would then tell PP you're leaving and the new tenants would use the app.
Corpralfox2;30466:
Hi my tenant joined pure planet but now they have left my property so how do I retake the bill under my name now they have gone? It's very frustrating not been able to ring up and speak to a human as the robot feature cant understand what I'm trying to achieve.
Cheers James
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi Corpralfox2.
The easiest way is to download the app and get a quote and set up the direct debit, the system will detect that the property is already supplied by PP.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi James
by far the easiest (but not the only) course of action is for you to download the app and join PP.
​Once done you can then communicate via help in the app - type "message the team" and your question, you'll get a human reply in a day or 2.
Their systems should know that it's the same property, and your tenants should, hopefully have given readings to PP when they left, (but keep a record of readings and photos anyway)
PP is app only, if you don't want to use the app you could wait for paper bill to drop through the door, and eventually switch out, but by far the least difficult course for you is to use the app. Once new tenants move in you would then tell PP you're leaving and the new tenants would use the app.
Corpralfox2;30466:
Cheers James
Thanks for your help, I have now joined using my own details and just submitted my latest readings, the problem is that these readings are way higher than the expected readings given in the app, my tenant is adamant that she gave readings on the day she left and shes also paid her final bill, how come the estimate and actual readings are so far apart given her final readings and my first readings where taken only 4 days apart?!
Cheers James
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Corpralfox2;30624:
Thanks for your help, I have now joined using my own details and just submitted my latest readings, the problem is that these readings are way higher than the expected readings given in the app, my tenant is adamant that she gave readings on the day she left and shes also paid her final bill, how come the estimate and actual readings are so far apart given her final readings and my first readings where taken only 4 days apart?!
Cheers James

Hi James
Others may be able to work out what is happening here - I'm a bit puzzled by the phrase 'expected readings given in the app' as I don't recall seeing any expected readings when I've submitted readings.

Did you get an email with a welcome pack telling you what your monthly direct debit was going to be? It's just possible that it may take a while to sort out the transfer, but you won't pay for energy you haven't used.

Others will add their thoughts, I know
Stephen
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi corporalfox2
​I don't understand your post, are you saying that the real readings are higher than the expected ones in the app?
If the readings given by your tenants are significantly lower than the actual readings you have 4 days later then there is only one conclusion to be drawn. What appears in the app is irrelevant - you have real readings 4 days later.
Unless the tenants left something using a lot of energy switched on?
Or have I misunderstood?
Corpralfox2;30624:
Cheers James
Hi James.
Welcome to the Pure Planet Community.

1:
I'm a relatively new customer myself, and although I'm not totally sure what you mean by 'expected readings,' I think I may have some idea.

I know that a degree of 'estimated usage' taken into account when you are changing suppliers, at least there was with mine. Even though I supplied a meter reading a few days beforehand, the estimated reading for switching day was way higher than it should have been - is this what you mean by 'expected readings'?
It was sorted by Pure Planet when they received a second set of readings from me a few days after switch day.
As the property is already supplied by Pure Planet, I would have hoped this would not be the case - however, it may be what you are experiencing.

For further information on this please read this.

2:
When I signed up, wattBot asked me for photographs of my meter with the readings I supplied before switching day.

If wattBot has not asked you for photos of the meter readings yet, may I suggested that you take some? So far as I can tell you can't send them in via wattBot unless it asks for them with the reading, however they may prove useful if you need to send evidence of the readings to the team later.

Regards
Mark