Solved

Telephone contact

• 18 August 2017
  • 10 replies

Hello, I wondered if Pure Planet can be contacted by telephone?
icon

Best answer by Toby 21 August 2017, 14:12

Hi @Rev John, not a problem. You should now see a space in your username!

It sounds like you have normal smart meters, as the rate does not change in the day and night. So I would say that your understanding is correct. We also do not have a separate tariff for Economy 7 meters. Everyone pays the same rate.

Please do fill in the form if you feel that you should. Let me know how you get on and if you need help.

Great to hear that you're happy with your Leaf. Do you ever need to find charging stations while out and about or does home charging serve your needs?
View original

10 replies

Hi @revjem,

Here in the community is a great pace to ask for advice from others, as well giving any feedback you think we could use to make things better. You can contact us via Wattbot in the app if you really need to and you can send me a direct message any time.

We can also chat here if you have any questions?
Hello Toby,
Thank you for this communication. In fact I do have a couple of questions if I may:
1. I am disabled so meter reading can be difficult for me. That's a part of why I was with British Gas as their smart
meter took care of all that. Can you therefore advise me how quickly you will be able to fit smart meters here as it
does make a huge difference for me.
2. As you are into totally renewable energy sources are there any further discounts available for people like me who use
a totally electric car which is charged mostly at home?
Kind regards,
Rev John
Hi @revjem (Rev John)
1. We're aiming to introduce smart meters as soon as we can. Hopefully, this will be at the start of next year and we'll contact you about fitting one when that's ready. Is it not possible for you to reach your meter? If so, I'll discuss this with the team and we'll find a way to sort it out for you.

2. We don't currently provide discounts for factors such as electric car ownership, but we're exploring ways in which we can take this kind of thing into account (another example would be solar panels). If you ever have any other ideas for what we can look into for the future, do let me know! Any and all ideas are welcome. What electric car do you use if I may ask?

A bit more smart meter info can be found here.
Hi Again Toby,
It would be good to have a smart meter asap and I presume being disabled we would be prioritised for one when they are
available? In the short term I can sort out something in the short term but might need some guidance on how to read them.
I have never had to do this before so hopefully someone your end could give some guidance.
Regarding the car, I drive a Nissan Leaf and I have to say the experience in comparison to an I.C car is superb. Quieter, Stress free, in fact overall
it's a far better experience as well as being much cheaper to run.
Best wishes,
Rev John
post script; Is it possible to change my user name to "Rev John"?
Hi @RevJohn, I've changed your username for you!

Have you managed to take a look a the Priority Services Register form that we have? Its where you can register your details if you might need a bit of extra help in the meantime. You can do this via the app. Head to My account > Your details and head to the bottom of the page. Unless you've already looked at that?

On reading the smart meter - Do you just have one for electricity, or one for that and gas too? Also, do you know if your smart meter is an economy 7 one?
Hi Toby, Thanks for the response.
I'll did look at the Priority Services Register but didn't fill it in - I will do now though.
There are two smart meters fitted by British Gas, one for electricity and one for gas. I'm assuming that economy 7
means two different rates for two different charge periods. If this is so then neither meter is economy 7.
Would you please just confirm that my understanding of economy 7 is correct so I know I have given you the correct info.
Kind regards,
Rev John

- - - Updated - - -

Apologies for my unintended rudeness, I meant to say thank you for changing my user name. Dare I ask; is it possible
to have it as two words: Rev John, if not don't worry.

- - - Updated - - -

"Rev John"
Hi @Rev John, not a problem. You should now see a space in your username!

It sounds like you have normal smart meters, as the rate does not change in the day and night. So I would say that your understanding is correct. We also do not have a separate tariff for Economy 7 meters. Everyone pays the same rate.

Please do fill in the form if you feel that you should. Let me know how you get on and if you need help.

Great to hear that you're happy with your Leaf. Do you ever need to find charging stations while out and about or does home charging serve your needs?
Hi Toby,
Thanks for your email and for the info.
Regards Leaf. Most charging is done at home because most of its use is local in and around Hull. We have though
traveled to London and the south of England successfully using motorway fast chargers. One does need to advance plan though to make it work.
Kind regards,
Rev John
Hi again Toby, This communication is a cry for help. The app on my smart phone has stopped working and is asking me to sign up and join pureplanet even though I have done all this and am in process to change over to yourselves. I do hope you or someone other can assist. Kind regards, Rev John
Hi @Rev John,

I'll investigate this for you today. Were you able to log back in or did it reject your details? Were you using your new username by any chance?