Solved

Switching from Economy 7 to standard tariff

• 23 September 2020
  • 8 replies

I’ve just bought a new property and as I’m planning to let it joined PP as no lengthy contract (the tenants will choose their own supplier when the move in).

Exchanged contracts just 10 days ago and electrician has removed the Economy 7 system today as we’re no longer having night storage heaters.  No-one has been in the property at night and so no low tariff electricity used.  How do I change my account so it asks only for standard rate meter readings.

Thanks for your help.

icon

Best answer by juliecc 25 September 2020, 08:47

He has taken out the second fuse board thingy.  The same dual tariff meter remain.  I have inquired and apparently my electricity supplier will need to change it to single tariff when I get a smart meter fitted,

Thanks for your help

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi

PP only have 1 rate for 24 hours of the day, so i would assume you just enter 1 reading for electric and 1 reading for gas, when they ask you for monthly readings  .

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @juliecc 

Assuming the electrician has not changed the meter, if you’re with PP there is no downside to leaving it as a dual rate supply as both readings will have the same rate. 

If you want to go ahead use help and support>ask a question (wattbot), type message the team and ask.

The DNO will have to change the meter to single rate, but  I see no disadvantage in leaving it other than you’ll need to read 2 readings until you get a smets2 smart meter, when it will change to 1 reading with PP (because as rate is the same that’s how they deal with 2 rate meters).

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi

PP only have 1 rate for 24 hours of the day, so i would assume you just enter 1 reading for electric and 1 reading for gas, when they ask you for monthly readings  .

@Angelabikerbabe 

hi Angela

not so, that is only true if you have a smets2 smart meter registered to PP otherwise it’s 2 readings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

hi @juliecc 

Assuming the electrician has not changed the meter, if you’re with PP there is no downside to leaving it as a dual rate supply as both readings will have the same rate. 

If you want to go ahead use help and support>ask a question (wattbot), type message the team and ask.

The DNO will have to change the meter to single rate, but  I see no disadvantage in leaving it other than you’ll need to read 2 readings until you get a smets2 smart meter, when it will change to 1 reading with PP (because as rate is the same that’s how they deal with 2 rate meters).

I think Julie's already had the meter replaced

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @juliecc 

I think Julie's already had the meter replaced

hi @Angelabikerbabe 

Why do you think that? I read it differently as economy 7 wiring can be reconfigured without changing the meter, and the DNO would normally be involved in changing the supply to single rate, which is when the meter would be changed to a single rate meter. Dunno, you may be correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @juliecc 

Could you confirm if what you mean by "electrician has removed the Economy 7 system " ?

Have you had your meter replaced or , as woz says did the engineer reconfigure the economy 7 wiring.

Just so your answer is relevant to what your situation is .

Thanks

He has taken out the second fuse board thingy.  The same dual tariff meter remain.  I have inquired and apparently my electricity supplier will need to change it to single tariff when I get a smart meter fitted,

Thanks for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks for your help

Glad you're sorted