Question

Switch problem

• 7 January 2021
  • 2 replies

I was using Switch app to switch from old supplier to new one, and the old supplier that switch app gave wrong, my old supplier is Scottish power, not SSE

So i want pure planet contact my old supplier- Scottish power that pure planet are my new supplier, then they can stop the my contract with Scottish power.

but i don't have pure planet phone number or email address, what should I do?

2 replies

Hi @wy1922650299 

Have you completed your switch to Pure Planet and received your Welcome Pack?:relaxed:

If so, there’s nothing to worry about. We contact your old supplier for you - that’s based on industry information for your property. 

Pure Planet’s a digital-first energy supplier, so we don’t have a call centre or phone number. To get in touch with our Member Services team, you can select ‘get help and support’ > ‘ask a question’ in your app, or when logged in at purepla.net. 

Hope that helps! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I was using Switch app to switch from old supplier to new one, and the old supplier that switch app gave wrong, my old supplier is Scottish power, not SSE

So i want pure planet contact my old supplier- Scottish power that pure planet are my new supplier, then they can stop the my contract with Scottish power.

but i don't have pure planet phone number or email address, what should I do?

hi @wy1922650299 

This is very strange.

were you switching via a comparison website, or what do you mean by a Switch app? If it’s a third party app and not the PP app therein lies the issue.

I wasn’t aware that the PP app said knew or cared who your old supplier is, (it doesn’t). PP will automatically contact your old supplier, and if it transpires there’s a problem they’ll sort it out. You can switch with (near) impunity. But I’d be interested to know what process you were using that gave the wrong info, it might be useful for others.