Question

switch due today, what happened?

• 1 April 2021
  • 9 replies

I was meant to switch from horrible british gas today to a nice £80 pm deal and I've had no updates. I've had emails from british gas saying sorry for leaving, and a welcome pack from pure planet but just noticed British gas have still billed me and the switch hasnt gone ahead.  

What!! And why !! 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Welcome to the Pure Planet community! When you post here you are not talking directly to Pure Planet but to your fellow customers - who do not have access to your account, but many of whom are happy to do what they can to help.

Great that you have had the welcome pack - but have you taken into account that the switch takes 17 days, and until then you are still going to have to pay BG.

If that doesn't explain it, post back and we'll see what further help can be given.

Stephen

Hi Stephen didnt know that! But 17 days from my welcome pack would be tomorrow? So why did they email daying they will start on the 1st and BG emailed to say they will stop providing on the 31st march? It's a bit confusing 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @MatthewSatts 

Does this help?

https://community.purepla.net/switching-supplier-30/joining-pure-planet-guide-10297

Stephen

Sorry ignore that, 17 days would be today .. 

Even on the app, all of the menus have gone it only says switch now and nothing else. I havnt had an email to say the switch was blocked or anything 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

In which case, your first Pure Planet direct debit should have been taken today - worth checking your bank account…

Stephen

I checked it this morning and it hasnt come out, but a large chunk went out to British gas... something isnt right.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The British Gas bit is not surprising. They will take their direct debit until the final bill is agreed, which can take up to six weeks. The simplest thing is not to cancel their direct debit, because if you are due a refund it's the easiest way of getting it. You presumably sent readings with photo in the last couple of days? - worth holding on to the photos just in case there's a problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @MatthewSatts 

The guide to switching says

If you notice your countdown is no longer showing on your account, check your inbox for any ‘ACTION’ emails from us. We may need a bit more information to finish your switch. 

No emails in your spam folder?

Did you get asked for your meter readings?

I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this!

Stephen