Solved

Sorry you’re leaving email

• 17 July 2018
  • 3 replies

Good evening all, I’m hoping someone can help please?

I’ve just received an email saying ‘sorry you’re leaving’. This is news to me, in fact I’m still waiting on confirmation that my switch to Pure planet has been completed?

Also, I still haven’t received my final bill from PFP energy, my previous supplier. When I gave my recent meter reading to Pure Planet on 4th July I assume that PFP will have been informed by you of my meter reading to enable them to produce the final bill?

Kind regards

Marc
icon

Best answer by Marc 18 July 2018, 11:30

Marcw1982;8765:

I’ve just received an email saying ‘sorry you’re leaving’. This is news to me, in fact I’m still waiting on confirmation that my switch to Pure planet has been completed?

Also, I still haven’t received my final bill from PFP energy, my previous supplier. When I gave my recent meter reading to Pure Planet on 4th July I assume that PFP will have been informed by you of my meter reading to enable them to produce the final bill?

Kind regards

Marc

Hi @Marcw1982
Welcome to the community!
Spot on reply from @Bev - we do inform your previous supplier. It can take up to six weeks for you to receive your final bill from them.

About the email you received. It may be your previous supplier is trying to prevent you from switching to us. Our member services team will object.
That can happen sometimes. They don't tell us why they do this!

Hope that all helps. Happy to chat more :up:
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi Marc, as far as I remember, once you initiate the switch, PP do indeed inform your previous supplier that you’re joining PP and usually what happens is the previous supplier then emails you, saying sorry to see you go blar blar blar, and requesting final readings. This is around the same time as PP request readings, ie towards the latter part of the 17 day switch. The previous supplier then uses these readings to generate a final bill showing a refund due or what you owe, and then the account can be closed.
Marcw1982;8765:

Kind regards

Marc

Hi @Marcw1982
Welcome to the community!
Spot on reply from @Bev - we do inform your previous supplier. It can take up to six weeks for you to receive your final bill from them.

About the email you received. It may be your previous supplier is trying to prevent you from switching to us. Our member services team will object.
That can happen sometimes. They don't tell us why they do this!

Hope that all helps. Happy to chat more :up:
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Marcw1982;8765:

Kind regards

Marc

Hi Marc
Welcome to PP and the community

It takes about 17 days from when you instigated the switch to when you switch.

I'm unclear from your post, did the email come from PP or from your previous supplier?

Don't hold your breath for the final bill from PFP, that's not a slur against PFP, I have no idea how efficient they are, in my experience it takes about 4-6 weeks from any supplier before you get your final bill. This seems to be typical and deliberate (I don't understand why it needs to take 6 weeks when they've agreed the figures), some take less time and some take more (which usually results in a complaint to Ofgem).

It's best to leave the DD in place so they can refund or otherwise. You can always reclaim it.