Solved

Solar panels and Pure Planet?

• 7 January 2020
  • 8 replies

Hi all,

have recently joined PP for our home, and have a question about solar panels.

We're considering solar panels and potentially a powerwall type deal 'soon' (EV this year is first port of call).

I saw some older threads about feed in tariffs, and that PP didn't support them, is that still the case?
And has a new FIT program started (sorry I could only find 'old' news)?

Is there any update on the likelihood of PP supporting this?

Thanks,
​​​​​​​Doug
icon

Best answer by Strutt G 7 January 2020, 15:50

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi DouigO
Feed in tarriffs have now been replaced by SEGs see Link.
As to where PP are up to in offering SEG's I don't know, but I seem to remember that it was on the roadmap. @Nataly If anyone from PP would like to comment?
DougO;45695:
Hi all,

have recently joined PP for our home, and have a question about solar panels.

We're considering solar panels and potentially a powerwall type deal 'soon' (EV this year is first port of call).

I saw some older threads about feed in tariffs, and that PP didn't support them, is that still the case?
And has a new FIT program started (sorry I could only find 'old' news)?

Is there any update on the likelihood of PP supporting this?

Thanks,
​​​​​​​Doug
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Read this link and scroll to the bottom.
https://community.purepla.net/thread...port+Guarantee
​​​​​​​
It helps but does not assit at the mo and states:
This year we’ll start work on supporting smart export guarantee payments, and we’ll be ready to offer a Warm Home Discount in time for next winter.
​​​​​​​
Thanks both, for the link and the mention in the wrap up, not having heard of SEG I had missed the importance of that!

Fingers crossed for PP supporting this soon, seems very natural fit ethos-wise.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I could not agree more!
DougO;45703:
Thanks both, for the link and the mention in the wrap up, not having heard of SEG I had missed the importance of that!

Fingers crossed for PP supporting this soon, seems very natural fit ethos-wise.
Hey @DougO

Welcome to the Community!

Great heads up from @woz and @Strutt G about SEG payments replacing the FIT scheme 👍

It's absolutely on our radar!

Suppliers become obligated to offer SEG once they hit a certain size - we aren't quite there yet.

That means for now we won't be offering SEG, but are continuing to work on what we'll be offering in the future.
We want to make sure that when we do become a SEG supplier, we can put forward a good option for our members.

We're also working to introduce new options this year, including further improvements to account reviews and introducing the Warm Home Discount ready for next winter.

PS ​​​ @DougO if you're thinking of getting an EV this year, there's lots of interesting conversation about all things EV here.😊

I have recently installed Solar Panels I believe I have to inform Pure Planet.

I am not sure how to do so. as communication with them seems to be one way only -any ideas

Welcome to the community @martin1943 

Have you spotted our FAQs section? Here’s the one about SEG :slight_smile:

Thankyou for that. I will sign up as soon as I get a smart meter.. Magnum are apparently in my area, and I have registered an interest. No response from them at the moment