Solved

Solar panels

• 30 July 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi,

This March/April, I got solar panels installed and had questions on my bills. Since then The panels are generating good amount of electricity, however I’m still paying the same amount of electricity bills, would someone kindly explain why this is?
I heard the solar panels company was contacting yourselves directly so it would affect my bills..
Will I have any change in what I’m paying?

Many thanks in advance for your reply.

Chay
icon

Best answer by Mavis1 30 July 2019, 17:00

Hello chaemini.
Nice one getting the panels fitted.

When you say your bills are the same, does this mean the DD paymemts are the same, if so then use help and wattbot to message the team and ask for them to be reduced.

If your actual usage is the same according to actual meter readings then you have a bigger issue which may be down to the solar panels being installed wrong and the power they generate is going via your meter.
The installers telling PP you got panels wont change anything as they are not authorised to make alterations to your PP acct details.
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hello chaemini.
Nice one getting the panels fitted.

When you say your bills are the same, does this mean the DD paymemts are the same, if so then use help and wattbot to message the team and ask for them to be reduced.

If your actual usage is the same according to actual meter readings then you have a bigger issue which may be down to the solar panels being installed wrong and the power they generate is going via your meter.
The installers telling PP you got panels wont change anything as they are not authorised to make alterations to your PP acct details.
Thank you Jon1, I’ll contact the team via wattbot.