Solved

SMETS2 Meter - do I need to read?

• 10 January 2021
  • 3 replies

I have been a Pure Planet customer for some time and recently had a SMETS2 Meter installed as part of the pilot roll out.

I am still receiving messages to read the meter on a monthly basis and would have expected that to not be required any longer.

Can anyone explain?

icon

Best answer by Duppy 10 January 2021, 17:11

@Chimi 

If can sometimes take a while for new smart meters to be reconciled with your account.

When the meters are automatically sending readings , when you go to submit you will find the message great if seems you have a smart meter.

I would submit them anyway, then after receiving your statement go to the tariff and usage section if your account and go to check previous readings, if it says smart, you are good for future readings, if it says actual or estimated, keep sending the reading when requested until your meter reading section says smart.

@25 quid 

Unfortunately the "smart" in the statement at the moment is incorrect, until the statement software is reprogrammed it just says" reading "

View original

3 replies

Once PP has confirmed a reading they will stop asking for manual readings.

Look at your bill to confirm if the smart readings are coming through.

ok, thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Chimi 

If can sometimes take a while for new smart meters to be reconciled with your account.

When the meters are automatically sending readings , when you go to submit you will find the message great if seems you have a smart meter.

I would submit them anyway, then after receiving your statement go to the tariff and usage section if your account and go to check previous readings, if it says smart, you are good for future readings, if it says actual or estimated, keep sending the reading when requested until your meter reading section says smart.

@25 quid 

Unfortunately the "smart" in the statement at the moment is incorrect, until the statement software is reprogrammed it just says" reading "