Shell Energy welcome post

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
  • Distinguished
  • 2488 replies

Shell has already written a welcome post for us and said we are moving onto the flexible 6 tariff 

Shell website

136 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

It’s a promising warm welcome isn’t it 😳👏👍, just all feels a bit scary now, a bit more real, eeeek😳😳😳🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Maybe people have seen the news and it’s closure to them? Maybe they have realised no point posting on community and just direct their queries to Shell. 

maybe She’ll could purchase the community off PP and  the cost can be divided between staff and give them a Christmas bonus. I know this couldn’t happen but it’s okay to dream. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Bev 

There's nothing wrong with option 2, quarterly bills, providing that you put the monthly equivalent payment away for when the bill comes. It's too easy to say,  "Oh I'll miss it this month Christmas, birthdays, holidays etc coming up", but so easy to fall into debt if you are not prepared to be rigid in the process of putting the money away.

I'm sticking to the fixed monthly payment, I'll know where I am them

Yep, for my own personal account I’m just going to keep note of my meter readings (and the dates they were taken), as well as enter them into the Pure Planet app as normal. That way you can (roughly) figure out your usage cost if needed, to make sure you’re roughly on track, in the gap before receiving a statement. :slight_smile:

Saw this on Shell Energy’s facebook, not sure where it belongs here:

A few things to know:

- You don’t need to do anything we'll automatically take over your supply for you

- Your energy supply will continue uninterrupted

- Shell Energy will honour your credit balance unless you are a business. This process isn't quick and in our experience can take a few months. We need to wait for the administrators to provide us with the details of what credit remains on your previous account, which we'll then be able to apply to your new Shell Energy customer account. This process will be quicker if you don't switch to another supplier before the credit is added to your account. We know this isn't an ideal situation and will keep you informed throughout.

- Businesses are not protected by Credit balances, Ofgem’s safety net protects all customers' energy supplies, and all Pure Planet customers will be transferred to us. Business customers should contact the administrator to ask them what to do about their credit balances. You can find further advice in Ofgem’s business consumers guide.

- If you wish, you’ll be able to switch away to a new supplier within a few weeks, but Ofgem advise that you hold off for now whilst we set up your account

Badge +5

@Lapa I see your point. Worse when one’s income is fixed, never goes up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

The issue is the process not PP and Shell as there are steps they need to go through which take a long time. So neither of them are at fault as they don’t have any more information they can share. 

Badge +5

I am not sure there is any info I need from Shell at present other than confirmation of reading and payment dates.  Until then I don’t expect to hear anything from Shell.   I understand from a posting elsewhere that they have a FAQ page. Have not looked at it.

It’s a promising warm welcome isn’t it 😳👏👍, just all feels a bit scary now, a bit more real, eeeek😳😳😳🤞

Agree @Bev it is

And remember to take a meter reading! :wink:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Shell took over First Utility and in my experience FU was a well run independent company from inception. I reluctantly left First Utility because it was no longer competitive. I guessed it did what many/most companies do/did was to obtain more customers via loss leader tariffs and planned for a % not to switch. I then moved to Economy Energy who completely failed in their energy procurement, was poorly managed (thats being nice), and they new how to spin some yarns during oh so many phone conversations until they went bust. I guess what I take from all this is that I’ve always been able to obtain energy at the cheapest price and never using a switch site.  Without assessing too much along the way I’ve been a beneficiary of a broken market where the regulators with government support continue to fail aiding some peeps to obtain subsidised energy even though most never new that. 

I really hope Shell takes on board Pure Planets ethics, its achievements and its innovations.

Wishing all the very best of luck to all at Pure Planet including their gorgeous Pets. 

Feels like the long good bye so hello

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The advice from Shell Energy is to take a reading straight away @Bev 

Here’s the link and here’s a screengrab: 

The more the merrier I say. Get in the cupboard!! :laughing:

So, do we have to submit our readings on the PP app today?  Or just keep the readings & photos?

If we take readings today, and Shell doesn't ask for them til next week- won't they be out of date? 

are we being charged Shell energy prices from today? Or a future date?

I haven't had any communication from Shell yet. 

I'm confused. 

I’ve just sent a meter reading to PP as usual. Taking pics again as thats dated anyway. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yeah snap. Mine just gone out this morning as usual, and meter reads submitted as requested, in the usual way 👍👍👍👍👍👍

Badge +5

@rachellefletcher Shell is 100% green in so far as it’s electricity supply is concerned. It can’t be though for the end user. It’s the same for all suppliers.

Userlevel 4

Well looks like I'm joining all you lovely lads and ladies at Shell. Bit of a price hike but can't do anything about that in the current market so just gonna have to go with the flow and stay afloat. 

I’m sure I said this elsewhere here, as a ‘wouldn’t it be weird if,’ and there we go:

There's an odd kind of symmetry in that fact that the customers of a company which ceased trading because BP decided not to support them any longer, have been moved to Shell.

Ditto hee hee hee 🤣🤣

there’s no community 👍👍👍

We’ll have to ask them to fix that, they’ve no excuse, there’s a community here that just needs transferring and the PP specific posts removing.

Badge +5

@Scubaseahorse A rare sighting. They must still be breeding.

More seriously I think legally they still have to do it once a year. Read the meter that is!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yeah I am sensible so that’s not an issue, 

@Bev LOL, was it an epiphany or a Damascene conversion? Anyway sorry to hear that (how dare you! I hear you say)

and @ anyone else,and Bev

On a more serious note, how much of the payment when the quarterly option is selected, is in advance

Another thing which might be an issue for some is when you have a bank account where the “benefits” are predicated upon monthly direct debits (Santander 123 lite is an example), in that case quarterly DD’s would leave you worse off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I’m sure it will be :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Nothing screams "green" and "renewable" energy as Shell.

Anyone I can send a private message about this?

We are fairly new to this energy suppliers, tariffs, bills, etc world and we are not sure we want (nor like) Shell, but also we are not sure we can get a better offer with a different provider?

Thanks!

Hi

we don't have a choice I'm afraid.at this point anyway. 

Once the switch goes ahead and completes with Shell, we are free to switch to another supplier. Bit as you said , there really isn't any better offers out there to switch to atm. They're all much the same price wise ( variable)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I was replying to a post saying their prices are a lot higher than their previous rate at PP. But this post has gone. They are rocketed compared to the tariff I had to so I can understand. I don’t have spare cash for these high rates like I’m sure a lot of those haven’t. It’s a huge jump so yes to me and a lot of other the new prices are scary. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Yeah I got the app downloaded ready for the day they let me in 😂 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

To be fair if I hadn’t been on the community I would have thought communication was horrific. I learn more on here than I have through direct communication 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Exactly. Both are doing great in a very very unfortunate circumstance. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Angelabikerbabe What’s the problem?

I’ve already mentioned this in quite a few posts, all the people who have been  migrated will tell you it isn’t a quick process, Shell have hundreds of thousands of accounts to set up, unless they have superhuman staff and completely automated systems I don’t realistically  see it taking any less than 2 months. and maybe longer.

I maybe wrong…

Where did that expression originate?  Christ in a boat? Christ on a plane? Christ in a car?

Boat sounds more plausible