Shell Energy welcome post

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
  • Distinguished
  • 2488 replies

Shell has already written a welcome post for us and said we are moving onto the flexible 6 tariff 

Shell website

136 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yeah was just kinda thinking out loud, and putting it out there for those not aware of the options, and thinking it thru for others kinda thing our Wozeeta hee, but the sensible thing is deffo my middle name hee. Nice to discuss tho here still 👍👍👍👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yeah I am sensible so that’s not an issue, 

@Bev LOL, was it an epiphany or a Damascene conversion? Anyway sorry to hear that (how dare you! I hear you say)

and @ anyone else,and Bev

On a more serious note, how much of the payment when the quarterly option is selected, is in advance

Another thing which might be an issue for some is when you have a bank account where the “benefits” are predicated upon monthly direct debits (Santander 123 lite is an example), in that case quarterly DD’s would leave you worse off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yeah I am sensible so that’s not an issue, but am used to the monthly now, so probably continue that way, yes. Think there’ll be a whole lot of choice come April.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Yeah I agree Duppy. I like knowing what’s going out each month 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Bev 

There's nothing wrong with option 2, quarterly bills, providing that you put the monthly equivalent payment away for when the bill comes. It's too easy to say,  "Oh I'll miss it this month Christmas, birthdays, holidays etc coming up", but so easy to fall into debt if you are not prepared to be rigid in the process of putting the money away.

I'm sticking to the fixed monthly payment, I'll know where I am them

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ya know what 🤷‍♀️, I am starting to think about EITHER paying for what I use each month with a variable DD, from April, OR going the other extreme (now I am already getting nicely used to not taking meter readings for two months) and being billed quarterly. Know at first I thought that sounded like going backwards, but I kind of like being able to forget about taking readings in that fuel cupboard for three months once it’s done and on track. 

They're the two options I am mostly considering for April at the moment.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Ah right talk about making things confusing. As long as my payment gets taken after pay day I don’t care 😂 

Badge +5

@Lapa There is a payment due date and a DD date. They are different. The former is not one you can change. The latter you can. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Shell faq on dd. This claims can change the date. Guess we will see when we roll over. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Not being able to pick you dd date doesn’t sound good. If it’s not near my pay day I’ll be screwed. Hopefully they will keep the pp date and activate our accounts on or bill date for pp. prob dreaming but you never know 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yeah once we are fully switched, we can explore, and see what’s what 👍

Badge +5

Their site now shows another Flexible Prepayment account where the rates are less than they have quoted for Flexible 6. May be worth looking at once we are switched across.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Oooooh that’s sooooo helpful, thanks Rich as was wondering re dates. I don’t recall that discount being mentioned so that’s good news 👍

Badge +5

I came across this on Shell’s site:

“Paying by variable Direct Debit means you’ll receive £4.00 per fuel Direct Debit discount on your bill, which is reflected in your daily standing charges, saving you £48.00 per fuel per year.”

It seems this is already factored into the tariff details accessible on their site.

Their site also says the DD is taken 10 days after they send the monthly bill and we cannot change the payment due date. They fix it presumably from when the account is open.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah I thought scubs had got further in 😂 

No, same as @Bev , just keep looking at that first page 

Badge +5

Exactly. Both are doing great in a very very unfortunate circumstance. 

Just take a look at Octopus and their takeover of Avro.  Octopus are in a different league compared to Shell when it comes to updates.

I’m not impressed by Shell at all so far.

Octopus are in a different league when it comes to debt and losses made. They are considerable. Will it survive?

Badge +5

Shell it seems are thinking of their new customers. They have updated  their app to accommodate customers from one of the suppliers they have absorbed - Green.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I think because I wasn’t EXPECTING anything from Shell until PP closes, and then be sent the Shell login, it was a bonus to get the warm welcome email, followed by my tariff details. Also a massive bonus that PP is working together with Shell during the transition. Therefore a lot lot easier to find answers from a familiar friendly app and staff. 

Obvs everyone’s expectations vary tho, so appreciate some are disappointed to date, as may have expected Shell to be providing everything as soon as the announcement was made mid October. 

Badge +5

I am not sure there is any info I need from Shell at present other than confirmation of reading and payment dates.  Until then I don’t expect to hear anything from Shell.   I understand from a posting elsewhere that they have a FAQ page. Have not looked at it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

But if you read all the latest posts here, @TheJB , the point was BOTH are working parallel, to ensure we are receiving all the info and facts we need, but without being bombarded with the same info twice. 

All the info relative to moving to SHELL, will come once we get our logins activated. Until that time, it makes sense that what we need to know, continues coming from PP otherwise what’s the use of keeping staff working, and having the PP app live? 

Makes full sense to me, and no need to go exploring SHELL just yet. Just sit and relax. We know they’re welcoming us, we know what our tariff will be. We will soon have our DD amounts, altho we know roughly it’ll be the winter amount we currently pay, and we shall soon have our login. 

If, once we get logged in, in mid Jan, and fully explore, we don’t like we what we see, THEN we can decide to switch, but until then I think it’s goid to give them a chance. 

Just take a look at Octopus and their takeover of Avro.  Octopus are in a different league compared to Shell when it comes to updates.

I’m not impressed by Shell at all so far.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

The issue is the process not PP and Shell as there are steps they need to go through which take a long time. So neither of them are at fault as they don’t have any more information they can share. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I am in the minority then. Until we have an individual login, I think it’s best PP do continue to offer the superb support they have done, thru the transitional period. I assumed the onus would indeed be on PP to do that, and it’s highly appreciated indeed. 

But as far as Shell go, I wouldn’t have expected lots of bumph on their website, specific to PP customers. I haven’t even gone on their website, and doubt many would. Until the PP app closes down, I think most peeps would come here first. Once that happens mid Jan (guess), and we are issued with Shell login, individual to our accounts, THEN we can expect all the information from Shell. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

To be fair if I hadn’t been on the community I would have thought communication was horrific. I learn more on here than I have through direct communication