Shell Energy welcome post

Show first post

136 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yeah once we are fully switched, we can explore, and see what’s what 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Not being able to pick you dd date doesn’t sound good. If it’s not near my pay day I’ll be screwed. Hopefully they will keep the pp date and activate our accounts on or bill date for pp. prob dreaming but you never know 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Shell faq on dd. This claims can change the date. Guess we will see when we roll over. 

Badge +5

@Lapa There is a payment due date and a DD date. They are different. The former is not one you can change. The latter you can. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Ah right talk about making things confusing. As long as my payment gets taken after pay day I don’t care 😂 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ya know what 🤷‍♀️, I am starting to think about EITHER paying for what I use each month with a variable DD, from April, OR going the other extreme (now I am already getting nicely used to not taking meter readings for two months) and being billed quarterly. Know at first I thought that sounded like going backwards, but I kind of like being able to forget about taking readings in that fuel cupboard for three months once it’s done and on track. 

They're the two options I am mostly considering for April at the moment.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Bev 

There's nothing wrong with option 2, quarterly bills, providing that you put the monthly equivalent payment away for when the bill comes. It's too easy to say,  "Oh I'll miss it this month Christmas, birthdays, holidays etc coming up", but so easy to fall into debt if you are not prepared to be rigid in the process of putting the money away.

I'm sticking to the fixed monthly payment, I'll know where I am them

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Yeah I agree Duppy. I like knowing what’s going out each month 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yeah I am sensible so that’s not an issue, but am used to the monthly now, so probably continue that way, yes. Think there’ll be a whole lot of choice come April.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yeah I am sensible so that’s not an issue, 

@Bev LOL, was it an epiphany or a Damascene conversion? Anyway sorry to hear that (how dare you! I hear you say)

and @ anyone else,and Bev

On a more serious note, how much of the payment when the quarterly option is selected, is in advance

Another thing which might be an issue for some is when you have a bank account where the “benefits” are predicated upon monthly direct debits (Santander 123 lite is an example), in that case quarterly DD’s would leave you worse off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yeah was just kinda thinking out loud, and putting it out there for those not aware of the options, and thinking it thru for others kinda thing our Wozeeta hee, but the sensible thing is deffo my middle name hee. Nice to discuss tho here still 👍👍👍👍👍👍