Shell Energy welcome post

Show first post

136 replies

Userlevel 4

Well looks like I'm joining all you lovely lads and ladies at Shell. Bit of a price hike but can't do anything about that in the current market so just gonna have to go with the flow and stay afloat. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Does that mean you’ve only just received your welcome email from Shell then, our Fieldy? Just curious, 🤷‍♀️

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Oh I see yes, I have just this second received a second email from Shell with my tariff details re unit rate and standing charge 👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Badge +5

Lucky you!!

Userlevel 4

Does that mean you’ve only just received your welcome email from Shell then, our Fieldy? Just curious, 🤷‍♀️

Hi Bev, 

I had the notification a week or so ago to say we were going to Shell but only got the tariff and stuff today 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Think we are all going to shell. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Didn’t we get a link to the tariff info in an earlier email or do you mean just monthly payments? @Bev 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

It’s a new email with individual unit rate and standing charge our Laps, specific to my account and area. My parents not received yet. Only came this evening.  Nothing yet re monthly payments no, and reiterates to continue submitting meter reads to PP, and leave the DD in place. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh right. I spoke to shell earlier and they said my account hasn’t been made yet so could still be a while for me and your parents. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Get you with ya regular 121s with Shell our Laps hee hee, just playing. Good on ya. Now don’t be fretting all night wondering where your email is, will ya 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Obvs done in same order as the welcome pack, Laps, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Lol. Just jealous I got new friends bev. 😂 I’m impressed with the customer service so far I must say. Hopefully it continues when we are fully on board. Lol I’ll check after my spa day tomorrow  I need it after couple of weeks.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I bloomin love you and your humour our Laps 🤣🤣🤣🤣, you do make me larf hee. 

I too am impressed with everything so far. Lovely and welcoming, there’s a nice warm feel so far. Like you say, it’ll hopefully continue. I don’t see any reason why it won’t, 

hey ya spa day ya beauty! Oooooooh wanna hear all about that our Laps, over a coffee ☕️☕️🍰🍰in our Coffee Shop, once you’re back and settled. Be brilliant! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Just had my email 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Perfect 👍👍👍

Userlevel 4

Got another email from shell about 9pm explaining all the same things again

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yeah, it’s just the exact unit rate our Ryan, with your standing charge. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Depends what area you are in  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Things are so scary atm. 

Badge +5

Things are so scary atm. 

Why?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I was replying to a post saying their prices are a lot higher than their previous rate at PP. But this post has gone. They are rocketed compared to the tariff I had to so I can understand. I don’t have spare cash for these high rates like I’m sure a lot of those haven’t. It’s a huge jump so yes to me and a lot of other the new prices are scary. 

Badge +5

@Lapa I see your point. Worse when one’s income is fixed, never goes up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’ve kinda gone full circle, as I was with local provider, FIRST UTILITY, way before PP. When their prices started to get a bit greedy, I moved to PP. 

In the meantime, SHELL ENERGY took over First Utility, using the same local offices, so I’m back where I started. The only difference, of course, is now they are much much much bigger, with oodles more tariffs (in the normal world). 

My instinct told me to stay with the PP variable some months back, when all these cheaper fixes were being offered. No idea why, just did. So I stayed put. Moving across now to Shell, means only my standing charge / PP membership changes, and it’s cheaper ironically. I know it’ll be all different again come next financial year, but so far so good. 

Fully aware tho of the concern and anxiety it’ll bring for many. It will be doable tho, it will. 

I know we didn't have a choice, but the reallocation to Shell Energy feels like such a kick in the teeth for those of us who choice Pure Planet based on their ethics and culture. I couldn't think of a less environmentally conscientious company than Shell. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I know we didn't have a choice, but the reallocation to Shell Energy feels like such a kick in the teeth for those of us who choice Pure Planet based on their ethics and culture. I couldn't think of a less environmentally conscientious company than Shell. 

I know a lot more people who joined PP because it had a cheaper quote through a switch site or club like MSE, than joined for the green credentials. 
Do you not drive a car, buy from supermarkets, wear mass-manufactured clothes?

Excuse me for recycling something I replied to another poster who didn’t have any time for Shell either:

and you don’t think Shell have made climate change commitments?
Pure Planet were purely energy sellers, basing their provision on commendable, but quite variable, attractive promises about how they could offset carbon emission from the gas they sold (there is no ‘green gas’) and purchasing from renewable electricity producers, but it was all just certificates (REGOs). Our electricity came from the same grid as the person who bought theirs from BG, or Scottish Power, or Sainsbury’s. They weren’t out there building their own fields of giant wind turbines (as if that’s sustainable or environmentally friendly!).

If you look at Shell’s website you’ll see just the same promises about net-zero, renewable and carbon-neutral.

Carbon neutral information

And

JohnB wrote:

Lots of practical points here but I assume most of us chose PP partly at least for ‘green’ reasons and I am wondering why Ofgem thinks it appropriate to switch us to a supplier that is essentially an oil company and which shows no sign of making arrangements to switch to all renewable fuels in any timescale that will leave the planet still alive. 

Ofsted is supposed to protect our interests and my primary interest in choice of supplier is to minimise damage to the planet. The choice of Shell seems to be more like maximising such damage.

Because they’re a huge domestic and commercial supplier of energy, with the capacity to absorb sudden on boarding of 10s of 000s of customers. I doubt if even for them the process is an easy one. If they didn’t the energy provision market would be up sh*t creek without a paddle, as no one would be getting billed and things would soon come crashing down.

About green credentials OFGEM care not. If this had all happened after COP 26 it could have been different, we’ll never know.

I think you’re doing Shell down a bit prematurely. They are massive investors in next gen energy production, yes they have been Petroleum based in the past, but do you truly think they don’t have an eye on the future with hydrogen, renewables and hybrid power provision?

Carbon Neutral

Shell acquires Sonnen Batterie

@rachellefletcher Who would you like to be ensuring a future with a plentiful (we’ll need it) and secure energy supply, exactly?

Badge +5

@rachellefletcher Shell is 100% green in so far as it’s electricity supply is concerned. It can’t be though for the end user. It’s the same for all suppliers.