Shell Energy welcome post

Show first post

136 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I blame you Bev leading me astray 😂 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hahahahahahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I took you under my wing til you were ready to fly solo 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I don’t want to fly solo :( 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

We’ll all be around you our Laps, all in one boat now ⛵️

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Shell don’t want to let me in hahahaha 

I’m sure I said this elsewhere here, as a ‘wouldn’t it be weird if,’ and there we go:

There's an odd kind of symmetry in that fact that the customers of a company which ceased trading because BP decided not to support them any longer, have been moved to Shell.

Ditto hee hee hee 🤣🤣

there’s no community 👍👍👍

We’ll have to ask them to fix that, they’ve no excuse, there’s a community here that just needs transferring and the PP specific posts removing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hee wouldn’t that be fab our Gwynd! 

Thought there’d be a lot more activity here actually, once the news got out, but not as much hustle and bustle as I thought. Maybe a lot haven’t heard yet 🤷‍♀️

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Maybe people have seen the news and it’s closure to them? Maybe they have realised no point posting on community and just direct their queries to Shell. 

maybe She’ll could purchase the community off PP and  the cost can be divided between staff and give them a Christmas bonus. I know this couldn’t happen but it’s okay to dream. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Obviously I haven't taken a reading because I haven't got back home yet from my sailing travels! I'll be home later and do it then. At least I know my trading should be a small increment from 1 Oct as no-ones been there since the 3rd to use anything above 'background'.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Who had lovely Luna, our Ant? 🐾🐶, she’s gonna be sooooooooooooooooooo thrilled to see you!!!!!!!! 

Meter readings taken even if it costs more with Shell at least escaped PP when I thought I was stuck when fixed deal ends and cannot now switch to another provider. Happy days with a hope PP staff find work.

Least it looks like Shell reply to customers and when they don't you have a number to ring. Very  happy 😊😃

Nothing screams "green" and "renewable" energy as Shell.

Anyone I can send a private message about this?

We are fairly new to this energy suppliers, tariffs, bills, etc world and we are not sure we want (nor like) Shell, but also we are not sure we can get a better offer with a different provider?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

We are fairly new to this energy suppliers, tariffs, bills, etc world and we are not sure we want (nor like) Shell, but also we are not sure we can get a better offer with a different provider?

Thanks!

Hi

we don't have a choice I'm afraid.at this point anyway. 

Once the switch goes ahead and completes with Shell, we are free to switch to another supplier. Bit as you said , there really isn't any better offers out there to switch to atm. They're all much the same price wise ( variable)

Saw this on Shell Energy’s facebook, not sure where it belongs here:

A few things to know:

- You don’t need to do anything we'll automatically take over your supply for you

- Your energy supply will continue uninterrupted

- Shell Energy will honour your credit balance unless you are a business. This process isn't quick and in our experience can take a few months. We need to wait for the administrators to provide us with the details of what credit remains on your previous account, which we'll then be able to apply to your new Shell Energy customer account. This process will be quicker if you don't switch to another supplier before the credit is added to your account. We know this isn't an ideal situation and will keep you informed throughout.

- Businesses are not protected by Credit balances, Ofgem’s safety net protects all customers' energy supplies, and all Pure Planet customers will be transferred to us. Business customers should contact the administrator to ask them what to do about their credit balances. You can find further advice in Ofgem’s business consumers guide.

- If you wish, you’ll be able to switch away to a new supplier within a few weeks, but Ofgem advise that you hold off for now whilst we set up your account

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This process isn't quick and in our experience can take a few months. ???

Christ on a bike! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Angelabikerbabe What’s the problem?

I’ve already mentioned this in quite a few posts, all the people who have been  migrated will tell you it isn’t a quick process, Shell have hundreds of thousands of accounts to set up, unless they have superhuman staff and completely automated systems I don’t realistically  see it taking any less than 2 months. and maybe longer.

I maybe wrong…

Where did that expression originate?  Christ in a boat? Christ on a plane? Christ in a car?

Boat sounds more plausible

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’ve already mentioned this in quite a few posts, all the people who have been  migrated will tell you it isn’t a quick process, Shell have hundreds of thousands of accounts to set up, unless they have superhuman staff and completely automated systems I don’t realistically  see it taking any less than 2 months. and maybe longer.

I maybe wrong…

Where did that expression originate?  Christ in a boat? Christ on a plane? Christ in a car?

Must've missed this in your numerous posts @woz 🤣.  Or Maybe I'm scim reading too much 🤔

Thought it would take a month or so, but wasn't expecting a FEW months. 

Ho hum, nowt to be done about it tho  

No idea where the expression came from. I heard someone on TV say it, and thought it was funny. 🤣

When we got solar panels we were with First Utility and remained with them for FIT payments after they became Shell Energy. So that’s our energy use and generation all under the one banner again!

Userlevel 4

Thanks!

You can contact shell on their shell energy Facebook page

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks!

@NAVV May I ask what you hope to achieve by sending a DM?

You’re stuck with Shell for the moment, and even if there was a plethora of choices out there which were preferable (but there aren’t) the advice would still be to let them open your account then switch away, at which time there might  be alternatives (but I doubt it unless you’re prepared to pay a much higher rate.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Who had lovely Luna, our Ant? 🐾🐶, she’s gonna be sooooooooooooooooooo thrilled to see you!!!!!!!! 

Yes! Meter reading submitted.

Chatty stuff moved to @Barbrajean’s lovely thread to keep this one uncluttered.

Badge +5

I maybe wrong…

I like the quote from a former Pope “It has served us well this myth of Christ”. Although I think it is not correct but more accurately “How profitable that fable of Christ has been to us and our company.” As Christ was not the name of the bloke often referred to but simply means anointed perhaps it should be “anointed on a boat”!

Bless you!

Thanks!

@NAVV May I ask what you hope to achieve by sending a DM?

You’re stuck with Shell for the moment, and even if there was a plethora of choices out there which were preferable (but there aren’t) the advice would still be to let them open your account then switch away, at which time there might  be alternatives (but I doubt it unless you’re prepared to pay a much higher rate.)

Sorry, I think I didn’t express myself correctly. I was asking for someone within this forum I could consult privately, but I was able to resolve my enquiries now. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@NAVV 

ahhh  OK I see,.

Most of us are happy to receive DMs especially if the poster doesn’t want to post personal stuff in the community, my only rule is that if it isn’t personal in any way I’d encourage the the poster to post in the community and ask them first.

The three admin marc, mads or nataly can also be contacted by DM