Shell Energy welcome post

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Distinguished
  • 2266 replies

Shell has already written a welcome post for us and said we are moving onto the flexible 6 tariff 

Shell website

136 replies

Userlevel 3

Our new supplier is shell energy as you can see below :-

Well spotted @Lapa and hello again @Rds261189 :slight_smile:

I’ve merged your posts into place, just to keep things organised in case there’s more queries, or thoughts, or worries, which we can help with.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oops I clearly wasn’t looking where I was typing. Haha.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

It’s a promising warm welcome isn’t it 😳👏👍, just all feels a bit scary now, a bit more real, eeeek😳😳😳🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

At least we finally know and I no longer need to keep refreshing ofgem as I don’t have patience 😂 

It’s a promising warm welcome isn’t it 😳👏👍, just all feels a bit scary now, a bit more real, eeeek😳😳😳🤞

Agree @Bev it is

And remember to take a meter reading! :wink:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ditto hee hee hee 🤣🤣

I am debating whether to download the app to my phone this time, rather than iPad, as there’s no community so think be easier just for account and readings. Yeah think I will 👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Agree @Bev it is

And remember to take a meter reading! :wink:

Thanks our Marc. I’ve just read the PP advice from them, and then was about to take a reading, then re read it and it said when they’ve set our accounts up, they’ll request them. So I shall wait til requested I think 🤷‍♀️. 

I took readings last Weds 13th for PP with photographs, and parents did  same, so think everything’s covered. Let me know tho our Marc if you think I’m wrong. 

The advice from Shell Energy is to take a reading straight away @Bev 

Here’s the link and here’s a screengrab: 

The more the merrier I say. Get in the cupboard!! :laughing:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hee hee hee, you’re right, ooooooooh what we gonna do without ya, ya bugger 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

The cupboards spotless, its the ruddy neighbours !!!!! They’re scarier than the spiders 😳🤣🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Phew did it! Perfect. Not a soul. Readings and photographs. Parents done same. Now we shall just wait til our accounts are activated 👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The advice from Shell Energy is to take a reading straight away @Bev 

So, do we have to submit our readings on the PP app today?  Or just keep the readings & photos?

If we take readings today, and Shell doesn't ask for them til next week- won't they be out of date? 

are we being charged Shell energy prices from today? Or a future date?

I haven't had any communication from Shell yet. 

I'm confused. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Shell took over First Utility and in my experience FU was a well run independent company from inception. I reluctantly left First Utility because it was no longer competitive. I guessed it did what many/most companies do/did was to obtain more customers via loss leader tariffs and planned for a % not to switch. I then moved to Economy Energy who completely failed in their energy procurement, was poorly managed (thats being nice), and they new how to spin some yarns during oh so many phone conversations until they went bust. I guess what I take from all this is that I’ve always been able to obtain energy at the cheapest price and never using a switch site.  Without assessing too much along the way I’ve been a beneficiary of a broken market where the regulators with government support continue to fail aiding some peeps to obtain subsidised energy even though most never new that. 

I really hope Shell takes on board Pure Planets ethics, its achievements and its innovations.

Wishing all the very best of luck to all at Pure Planet including their gorgeous Pets. 

Feels like the long good bye so hello

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The advice from Shell Energy is to take a reading straight away @Bev 

So, do we have to submit our readings on the PP app today?  Or just keep the readings & photos?

If we take readings today, and Shell doesn't ask for them til next week- won't they be out of date? 

are we being charged Shell energy prices from today? Or a future date?

I haven't had any communication from Shell yet. 

I'm confused. 

I’ve just sent a meter reading to PP as usual. Taking pics again as thats dated anyway. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Oh I didn’t send to PP this time, but took photos again. Will send to Shell as soon as we are able. 

I too was with First Utilty our Strutty, and for the same reasons as you, shopped around, but not via a switch site either, just like you. 

Userlevel 3

Took a reading after appointment so hopefully they get this

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Just submitted mine again and retaken photos as per shell advice. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

follow above for tariff details 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yeah changed mind, and decided to send final readings to PP and taken dated photographs. Then when Shell email with login etc, will send meter reading to them. Sorted. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yeah, I have submitted mine too. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

We all ready and knowing our luck will takes weeks for them to contact us 😂 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Got my email 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

But nothing for parents yet 🤷‍♀️

Set my email folders up hee 🤣, new one for Shell. Hee hee, it’s all go!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

😭 

they don’t want me lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Nah, they’ve heard you’re a bad influence our Laps 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣