Solved

Shared Meter Reading Advice

• 16 September 2019
  • 2 replies

I have recently moved in to a new flat and am in the process of switching to Pure Planet. They have asked for a meter reading but my whole building (containing three flats total) seems to have only one meter.

I don’t want to send off the information on it yet in case it looks like we are using three times the gas/electric and we get charged accordingly.

Will pure planet work out my usage from the shared meter? Or what would the next step be? Would appreciate advice as soon as possible as we are keen to switch.

Many thanks

Milly
icon

Best answer by Duppy 16 September 2019, 12:18

Hi Milly
Welcome to the community.

It is unlikely that there is only one meter feeding 3 flats, unless all utilities are included in your rent.
If in doubt, ask your landlord/ letting agent for confirmation of the location of your meters.
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi Milly
Welcome to the community.

It is unlikely that there is only one meter feeding 3 flats, unless all utilities are included in your rent.
If in doubt, ask your landlord/ letting agent for confirmation of the location of your meters.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
I think this might be the communal meter Milly, used by cleaners and tradesmen and such. Your flat will have its own individual meter, it won’t be this one, probably somewhere near your door 👍