Server down?

• 5 September 2018
  • 14 replies

I've just tried using the app but I get a message saying the connection is timing out. I've tried it on my iPad and iPhone, both on wifi and 4G. I have no other internet connectivity problems, so I'm pretty sure this is at your end. Someone posted on the 24th of August that there were issues preventing people connecting, but there have been no updates on that. Is this problem really still ongoing, and is it likely to be resolved in the near future?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi trime
it's working for me but it seems unusually slow
Hi, I am new to this company energy supplier thinking it would be great paying less, helping to support the environment and having an effective way of managing my energy account. I appear to be abit wrong with first off struggling with the app constantly struggling to connect so I can just update my meter reading.

Is this a common issue for many?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I just tried and it's unusually slow, although it did connect. That said I haven't tried to send any data.
woz;11213:
I just tried and it's unusually slow, although it did connect. That said I haven't tried to send any data.

I am an existing customer and am having the same problem, keep getting a server error and so can't submit a meter reading.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Server errors when logging in, but now I’m finally in, all seems fine, all be it a tiny tad slower
Userlevel 5
I just got my 1st statement. It says 2 meter readings submitted, one in August and one on 3 Sept. Then got a shock but says estimate for 4 Sept , so landing me with a huge bill nearly £30. How is this possible? Why is there an estimate when I already gave a meter reading?

When should I submit a meter reading? A week b4 DD date?

So PP may be very Earth friendly but its not very friendly to my bank balance. Is it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Dont panic kniterella.
Your monthly payment wont change from whatever your DD payment is.just keep giving your readings as normal on the 1st-3rd of month and all will be fine.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Kniterella
are you saying you've had notice that your payments are increasing?, I'm not clear what you mean?
Did you know prices are increasing by about 6% from October, but if your credit is sufficient your payments should stay the same for a while.
Kniterella;11231:
I just got my 1st statement. It says 2 meter readings submitted, one in August and one on 3 Sept. Then got a shock but says estimate for 4 Sept , so landing me with a huge bill nearly £30. How is this possible? Why is there an estimate when I already gave a meter reading?

When should I submit a meter reading? A week b4 DD date?

So PP may be very Earth friendly but its not very friendly to my bank balance. Is it?

- - - Updated - - -

I've highlighted the need for some sort of update on the server issues, let's see what happens....
(sorry this has appeared in the wrong message @Bev, I don't understand why)
Bev;11229:
Server errors when logging in, but now I’m finally in, all seems fine, all be it a tiny tad slower
Same here... Server issues.
I know Microsoft Azure authentication is down globally.. this maybe the issue.
Hello

There is currently a problem logging into the app.

Our technical team is into it and have identified the issue. We’ll provide updates here when we have them.

Thanks.
It looks like Pureplanet are host on the Microsoft cloud system.. Microsoft are having issues that are currently being resolved.

Server status here: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/status/

- - - Updated - - -

Mine just started working again...
Status updates here: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/status/

Coming back online slowly.. now working for me.
@trime @Dozer302 I've merged some treads together so all the information is in the same place.

Our technical team picked it up and resolved the issue last night.

If you experience anymore issues let us know :)
I’m having the same issues. Can’t send my opening meter readings and have been trying to for quite a few days