Solved

Sending gas meter readings

• 19 August 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi, I’ve been trying to send a gas meter reading via the app. My meter (M3) reads 5 digits (excluding numbers after the decimal), but I’m only able to submit 4 of these numbers- does this mean I haven’t got a compatible meter ?
icon

Best answer by woz 19 August 2019, 19:28

hi millie
no, it means either your account is set for the wrong type of meter - much older meters in cubic feet were 4 digits, current meters measure in cu. metres and are 5 digits - or there is some other issue (as someone else posted a similar query yesterday I'm now wondering if it's the same issue or something else..)
Have you had a statement yet? Does it say cu.ft or cu.m on the statement?
Have you had your meter changed recently?

​You need to go to help in the app, ask wattbot, type message the team, and ask there, also give your readings.
Someone will check and get back to you. (replies not instant)
Can you post back and let us know if the meter has been changed recently?
If it transpires that your account was set to cu.ft you'll get an amended statement.

Millie Bicknell;35819:
Hi, I’ve been trying to send a gas meter reading via the app. My meter (M3) reads 5 digits (excluding numbers after the decimal), but I’m only able to submit 4 of these numbers- does this mean I haven’t got a compatible meter ?
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi millie
no, it means either your account is set for the wrong type of meter - much older meters in cubic feet were 4 digits, current meters measure in cu. metres and are 5 digits - or there is some other issue (as someone else posted a similar query yesterday I'm now wondering if it's the same issue or something else..)
Have you had a statement yet? Does it say cu.ft or cu.m on the statement?
Have you had your meter changed recently?

​You need to go to help in the app, ask wattbot, type message the team, and ask there, also give your readings.
Someone will check and get back to you. (replies not instant)
Can you post back and let us know if the meter has been changed recently?
If it transpires that your account was set to cu.ft you'll get an amended statement.

Millie Bicknell;35819:
Hi, no my meter hasn't been changed recently. The message I sent to Wattbott has been forwarded to the Pure Planet team, so hopefully it will be resolved, but currently still unable to send a meter reading. My meter measures in cu.m, don't know if this changes anything? Thankyou for your help 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Mille
​you're welcome I'm sure it will be sorted.