Seg payment for solar

• 28 June 2019
  • 6 replies

Are pure planet going to pay a seg payment to customers who have fitted solar panels ?
If so when will this be and what export rate will you be paining?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Petermehemet
PP don't at the moment, I believe it's under development/review, but then it is an obligation for this to be in place by the beginning of next year for suppliers with more than 150,000 customers. I don't know if PP will be in that category.
I don't know what the expected time-scale is for PP, I'm sure someone will come along with more info is there is any to be had.
​@marc
​@nataly

Petermehmet;32280:
Are pure planet going to pay a seg payment to customers who have fitted solar panels ?
If so when will this be and what export rate will you be paining?
octopus have already got it organised!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
GeoffM;33009:
octopus have already got it organised!

It would be fascinating to know how many customers they have with a smart meter that works with solar panels! Their CEO admits they are struggling to install smart meters - they are having the same problems as everyone else, it would seem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
I believe octopus and bulb are already offering a SEG payment. However all suppliers with an increased 250000 customers will have to offer one by 1/1/20. Provided you have a smart meter capable of giving readings every 30 mins.your not currently collecting FIT payments. You can only get SEG payments from your supplier and you will only be allowed to switch suppliers once every 12 months.
But it will proberly all change by the start date and that proberly includes the start date changing.

* bulb 50 customer trials only
Octopus 5.5p kwh paid.
Is there any update on when this will be implemented.

Having just fitted our new solar panels it's becoming very frustrating to see us pumping electricity into the grid fir free but come the evening I have to pay to get it back!

Batteries will help but really it looks like will have to switch from pure planet and really don't want to.

​​​​​​​We have our smart meter but no EV Tariffs, no off peak rates and no SEG from. PP.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi.

as far as im aware this has to be place by jan 2021, there have been the odd post to confirm they aim to hit this target. As for the price i suppose that will depend on what the market rates are at the time.
​​​​​​​long term i feel batteries will always be more beneficial as the SEG rate will only ever be 3-5 pence per kwh