Solved

Screen

The app has been updated however when I am in the app whether on phone or tablet, the right-hand side of the screen, approx a quarter is not visible. It seems that the screen ratio is set incorrectly - nothing to do with my tablet or phone, something in your app.
Can you please advise?
Thank you
Teresa
icon

Best answer by Marc 16 September 2019, 13:22

Hi everyone
Just to let you know we've got an new version of app out today. Details here.
This update includes a fix for the iPad 'trimming' bug.
Thanks again for flagging this.
View original

26 replies

Hi everyone
Just to let you know we've got an new version of app out today. Details here.
This update includes a fix for the iPad 'trimming' bug.
Thanks again for flagging this.
Gray4276;32574:
Hey Ian31,

I have the App on two devices (both Android) an Asus tablet and a Huawei mobile......both work perfectly, thank god.
Just as a point regarding your message that " this App may not be optimised for your device"......this is probably because your device is running with a "modified" Android operating system. Both my tablet and mobile have "modified" Android systems installed by the manufacturers. I actually found that I wasn't able to install a couple of less well known Apps on to my Asus tablet. Just a thought.

Good point @Gray4276
If it's a modified version of Android that could be the reason.
Hey Ian31,

It does appear that there are a number of "little" glitches fofollowing the last App upgrade and Webpage roll out.

I have the App on two devices (both Android) an Asus tablet and a Huawei mobile......both work perfectly, thank god.
Just as a point regarding your message that " this App may not be optimised for your device"......this is probably because your device is running with a "modified" Android operating system. Both my tablet and mobile have "modified" Android systems installed by the manufacturers. I actually found that I wasn't able to install a couple of less well known Apps on to my Asus tablet. Just a thought. ������ ������

Ian31;32559:
I can confirm I am using the app rather than a browser, and the screenshot came from the app on my Samsung galaxy Tab A. I decided to reinstall the app and during installation got the message "this app may not be optimised for your device". That may explain the problem, but the fact remains that until recently I was using the app on my tablet without these display problems.

I installed the app on my phone and from there I can see all my data, so I'll use that route in future, but it would be good if the app would work across Android devices.
I can confirm I am using the app rather than a browser, and the screenshot came from the app on my Samsung galaxy Tab A. I decided to reinstall the app and during installation got the message "this app may not be optimised for your device". That may explain the problem, but the fact remains that until recently I was using the app on my tablet without these display problems.

I installed the app on my phone and from there I can see all my data, so I'll use that route in future, but it would be good if the app would work across Android devices.
Ian31;32434:
I'm using the android app and the problem with the right side of the screen not displaying and the inability to rotate to landscape is on a Galaxy tab A, android 8.1.

Hi @Ian31
The screenshot you posted earlier looks like you are using web, not the app. The way that the 'moons' are stacked on the left is the web view. If you use the app the moons appear in a circle around the Pure Planet logo.
Could you download the app from the Play Store?
I'm using the android app and the problem with the right side of the screen not displaying and the inability to rotate to landscape is on a Galaxy tab A, android 8.1.
Good morning @Babba @Ian31 @David j @Mathermr
Our tech guys have tested this on different iPads/tablets over the past few days to try and replicate the issue you guys are reporting. They can't replicate it!
Could you give us a bit more info - we need the exact iPad model if you know it, and also the version of iOS it's running.
Thanks for that. We're still looking into it 🆙
Hi @Mathermr

Just FYI I've merged your posts into one place to avoid duplicate questions/replies as this can get confusing🆙

It'd be really helpful if you could post a screenshot of the issue you're seeing and let us know the software your device is running?
For the last few days pure planet on my Samsung galaxy screen has been split in two half blue details and half white screen details I am therefore unable to read all the detailsas on usage etc. I have tried swiping and even redown loading the app without success also asked a question of what bott but unable to submit the question, help please
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
What tablet operating system are you running, I turn off my OLD iPad off once a day to clear the cache and solves this sort of problem affecting my device...might work for you.
Have a go and revert back for more feedback.

NB:
Web option link
https://community.purepla.net/threads/5941-Pure-Planet-update-now-you-can-join-and-manage-your-account-in-a-web-browser-as-well-as-your-app
My screen on my tablet is now separated in two half white and half blue this makes it impossible to read account details, l have tried swiping and re downloading app with no success any ideas please
David j;32084:
Yes 👍

Thanks @David j 🙂
I'm using the app. The screen does not re-orientate when I turn to landscape. (I do have auto rotate on in android settings)
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Yes 👍
David j;32081:
Hi Marc, nothing happens when rotated.

Hi @David j
You mean it's still partly 'trimmed' when in landscape mode too?
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi Marc, nothing happens when rotated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Home page the same - when I click on the Google play or App Store nothing happens.

Thanks @David j
What happens if you put the iPad in landscape mode?
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi everyone, I have the same issue on my iPad 3 ( iPad Pro).

Hi @Ian31
Thanks for sharing.🆙
Are you using the app or a browser (if so, I assume Chrome?)
What happens if you put the tablet in landscape mode?
I have the same problem with the right side of the screen being trimmed. Galaxy tab A, android 8.1. Screenshot enclosed.
Babba;31838:
The app has been updated however when I am in the app whether on phone or tablet, the right-hand side of the screen, approx a quarter is not visible. It seems that the screen ratio is set incorrectly - nothing to do with my tablet or phone, something in your app.
Can you please advise?
Thank you
Teresa

Hi @Babba
Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting.
This isn't something that's being reported by other Members.
You've had some helpful replies to your post - have they worked?
If it's still an issue, it would be good to know what phone/tablets you're using. 🆙
Hi Teresa,
welcome to the community forum. (Like you I am just a member of Pure planet.)

This sounds like a layout formatting bug. I suggest you report it to Marc or one of the other community managers on this forum. Include your iOS version and iPad model, and a screengrab. You don’t need to post it here but can send him a msg directly, by clicking on your icon circle at the top right hand of the web interface, and then “send new message” under “messages”, and type the forum member’s name with an at sign in front of it, so @Marc. I sent him a video showing a couple of glitches that need fixing. He can then pass it on to the app devs.

Enjoy the weather this weekend!!

Babba;31838:
Can you please advise?
Thank you
Teresa
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Babba
​What happens if you rotate the device and view in landscape?
Babba;31838:
Can you please advise?
Thank you
Teresa
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
It’s working fine on my iPad, with latest iOS, so not sure Babba. Very odd that it happens on BOTH your devices! Sure it’s not your 👀? JK JK JK 😂😂😂