Solved

Santander 123 cashback refused

I have a Santander 123 current account, which offers 2% cashback on monthly gas & electricity bills. I just switched to Pure Planet but for some reason Santander are telling me that Pure Planet only offers services for Business & Commercial customers and is therefore not a eligible for the 123 account cashback offer.

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this, or found a way to convince them?

Thanks
Steve Shergold
icon

Best answer by SteveShergold 18 August 2017, 14:29

Hi Gabolino

I finally received a written update from Santander today, including the comment "We've decided to add Pure Planet Energy on the cashback scheme on the 1|2|3 account. This change will be for all customers with a 1|2|3 current account".

So, you should start seeing cashbacks on your account too :)

Steve
View original

10 replies

Hi @SteveShergold,
Welcome to the community. We only sell to consumers, and do not offer services to business and commercial customers so this is an interesting one! Can I ask what info you provided to them in order to try and obtain the offer?
Hi Toby,

Yes, it was a very strange letter that I received, and clearly incorrect.

I pointed them at the pure planet website, and also the direct debit that has already been setup on my account.

I have already asked for it to be elevated within their organisation, pointing out that Pure Planet are already providing power to my home!

Steve
Hi @SteveShergold,
Which website link did you give to them? Was it this one? > https://purepla.net/
I'm very eager to hear how you get on with this. Do let me know and if you need any advice or help, we'll see what can be done.
Thanks Toby,

Yes I pointed them at https://purepla.net/

I'll let you know if I manage to get anywhere after escalating the issue with them.

Steve
Hi Toby,

Pure Planet still doesn't show up on Santander's list of cashback suppliers (http://www.santander.co.uk/info/current-accounts/123-current-account-cashback-search), but I
just got off the phone with them, and they told me that Pure Planet will now be included in their 2% cashback offer.

Which is great news, since it was putting Pure Planet at a 2% price disadvantage compared to other suppliers.

Regards,

Steve
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
SteveShergold;379:
Hi Toby,

Pure Planet still doesn't show up on Santander's list of cashback suppliers (http://www.santander.co.uk/info/current-accounts/123-current-account-cashback-search), but I
just got off the phone with them, and they told me that Pure Planet will now be included in their 2% cashback offer.

Which is great news, since it was putting Pure Planet at a 2% price disadvantage compared to other suppliers.

Regards,

Steve

Hi Steve. I also have a 123 Santander Account and wasn't aware Pure Planet was not on the list of cashback suppliers.

This is really good news. Many thanks for chasing this with them!

Let me know if you think I should flag this to them too... happy to do so.

Cheers.
Hi Gabolino

I finally received a written update from Santander today, including the comment "We've decided to add Pure Planet Energy on the cashback scheme on the 1|2|3 account. This change will be for all customers with a 1|2|3 current account".

Steve
Great to hear @SteveShergold and well done for chasing it up with them.

I'm sure every other Santander customer with us will be happy too, as you've probably saved a lot of people the need to contact them.

Nicely done Steve!
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
SteveShergold;385:
Hi Gabolino

Steve

This is fantastic, Steve. Thank you so much!
Hi @SteveShergold and @Gabolino
We have an update on Santander! We've had confirmation today that Pure Planet will be on their list by the end of this week, and all new and existing Santander customers will start receiving cashback.
Here's a link to another thread with a similar discussion (among other topics), which has also been updated. 😊