REGRETS

• 13 October 2020
  • 4 replies

I hope I do not regret moving to Pure Planet because the signs are that it could have been a bad idea. Why is e mail contact used when there is an app that is quite capable of providing the service. I have a number of apps for banks and financial institutions and E Mail in not required for this service.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi bazzerfewi,

Welcome to the community.

I’ve been a member since Dec 18 and not quite a PP pioneer who joined from the offset and watched this fine company evolve. I’ve learnt lots about the energy market. I joined this fine community prior to joining to see how the nuts and bolts work, when I joined I understood that communication was via wattBot (PP’s digital assistant) supported by this platform that PP set up.

At the time of joining it was only an APP based company and due to demand PP introduced an online account.  I guess its about appealing to as many people as you can to sustain your business.

Not sure if I’ve missed something. but email is used (from the offset) to log in to APP or online account etc etc. But two way email communication is limited.

Sorry I may of missed your point as can’t see what is a bad idea as maybe to another its a good idea.

Good luck you should like it here…..its a great platform!

Why is e mail contact used when there is an app that is quite capable of providing the service. I have a number of apps for banks and financial institutions and E Mail in not required for this service.

Hi @bazzerfewi 

Welcome to the Pure Planet community.

You must be the first member I’ve ever seen complain about actually ‘receiving email contact.’

Presumably this is because you’ve just joined us, as a general rule (at least in my experience) Pure Planet only email you:

• When you first sign up, with your agreement, terms, and related documentation.
  • A statement every month, which is also available to read, and download, in your app.
  • Log in emails, as you don’t have a ‘username’ and ‘password’ for your account - but if you don’t ever ‘log out’ you don’t often need these.
  • Updates to posts and private messages in ‘The Community’ if you’ve opted in for them.

You can, should, and will in most cases find it easier to do everything either in the app, or via logging on to the website.

We in the community are here to try and assist you should you not be able to find the answers in the app, or via WattBot (which should put you through to ‘The Team’ if necessary.

Kindest regards
Gwyndy

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

and to add to the excellent replies..

Well this is a first, a complaint that a digital only provider isn’t digital enough!

What I take from this is the app should support push notifications and wattbot needs date stamps.

Other than that keep calm and carry on!

and to add to the excellent replies..

Well this is a first, a complaint that a digital only provider isn’t digital enough!

What I take from this is the app should support push notifications and wattbot needs date stamps.

Other than that keep calm and carry on!

Is the ‘push notifications’ in the suggestions section already?