Solved

Refunding the exit fee

• 17 February 2021
  • 15 replies

We have moved out of our house and so closed my PP account, they said they will refund the exit fee if we sign up to them again, I will but it won't be for about 5 weeks, will they still refund it after so long?

icon

Best answer by Nataly 17 February 2021, 13:49

Hey @Patrick Thornber - hope your house move’s all gone/going smoothly! 

Great to hear you want to be with PP at the new place, too. 

Just jumping in to add this info - 

Plus, if you switch back to Pure Planet within three months of moving, you’ll get a £25 reward! Just be sure to use the same email address as before when you switch. 

Taken from the FAQ @Duppy’s linked to above - so 5 weeks will be fine! :slight_smile:

View original

15 replies

We have moved out of our house and so closed my PP account, they said they will refund the exit fee if we sign up to them again, I will but it won't be for about 5 weeks, will they still refund it after so long?

Hi @Patrick Thornber 

Do you still have access to WattBot either via the app, or when you log in at purepla.net? as you are probably going to have ask Member Support.

I know there are several discussions here about PP rewarding members when they sign up after moving, however, I don’t remember any about refunds of exit fees.

Regards

Gwyndy

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Patrick Thornber 

I don't think there is a time limit, just make sure you use the same email address. It will also give time for your account to reset 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Patrick Thornber 

Do you still have access to WattBot either via the app, or when you log in at purepla.net? as you are probably going to have ask Member Support.

I know there are several discussions here about PP rewarding members when they sign up after moving, however, I don’t remember any about refunds of exit fees.

Regards

Gwyndy

@Gwyndy I think it’s a matter of semantics, I assume @Patrick Thornber means refunded to the new account when they sign up to PP at the new property (with the same email address)

Hey @Patrick Thornber - hope your house move’s all gone/going smoothly! 

Great to hear you want to be with PP at the new place, too. 

Just jumping in to add this info - 

Plus, if you switch back to Pure Planet within three months of moving, you’ll get a £25 reward! Just be sure to use the same email address as before when you switch. 

Taken from the FAQ @Duppy’s linked to above - so 5 weeks will be fine! :slight_smile:

Also I have 2 friends switching will we still receive the rewards even though I'm leaving temporarily?

Hey @Patrick Thornber 

Sorry - somehow totally missed your follow-up question! 

Hmm that’s a really good question. I believe you’d only receive the reward if on supply when your friends have joined and made their first payment. Since you’ll be signing up again, though, I think you’d be best contacting our Member Services team directly (‘get help and support’ > ‘ask a question’) and explaining the situation. They’ll be able to advise further, and/or look into it once your new property is on supply :slight_smile:

Hi,

I’m in similar situation although I have switched my new house to pure planet today. 

It says refund of exit fees (£60) and reward of £25. Is this automatic?

The above mentions the reward but doesn’t answer re: refund of exit fee? 

Much appreciated

Hi @Nicki1664 

If you check out our full FAQ about taking Pure Planet with you when you move home it includes info on exit fees. They’re refunded once your new property is on supply with Pure Planet - provided you’ve used the same email address :slight_smile:

Hope all the house move went smoothly! 

Hi, I still have yet to receive the exit fee refund? We have had two payments to pure planet now. I have used the same email address? Please provide any advice much appreciated, Nicki

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi, I still have yet to receive the exit fee refund? We have had two payments to pure planet now. I have used the same email address? Please provide any advice much appreciated, Nicki

Hi
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

You need to send your message to the team directly via Wattbot.

if you go to the app and click on the
☰ menu at the top, then click on help, then ask Wattbot, 

Then you need to type in 'message the team' .

Userlevel 1

Hi I have moved from old house to new house and closed my old PP account and opened new account in the property from May 28th 2021. I expected the exit fee not to be charged but yesterday Dirext debit was taken with the exit fee. Need help to get refund.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Pbose13 

hi 

can  just clarify, maybe I’m wrong here but I thought the exit fee was part of the final bill on the old account, the total of which is taken by direct debit. When you sign up in the new property with the same email address the exit fee you’ve paid is then (eventually) refunded not taken. 

Are you sure that what you’ve received isn’t the final bill for the old account, and if it is you’ll get the exit fee credited to your new account in due course.

I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong but it sounds to me from what you’ve written that’s what’s happened (and that’s what’s supposed to happen).

Hello @Pbose13 

@woz is spot on here - you’ll be charged your exit fee as part of your final bill on your old account, you can then get this money refunded onto your new account. 

To get the money refunded onto your new account you need to have made your first direct debit payment (on the new account). If you’ve done this you can contact the team via WattBot and they’ll sort the refund for you.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @Pbose13 

@woz is spot on here - you’ll be charged your exit fee as part of your final bill on your old account, you can then get this money refunded onto your new account. 

To get the money refunded onto your new account you need to have made your first direct debit payment (on the new account). If you’ve done this you can contact the team via WattBot and they’ll sort the refund for you.

I hope this helps!

A couple of points missed here, is to receive the refund of the exit fee, you must use the same email address and sign up for another fixed tariff deal.

Surely the refund should be sutomatic instead of having to chase the team via Wattbot, there is nothing in the FAQ's saying you have to apply for the refund, do customers will assume that the fee will be refunded once the new property account is up and running

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Duppy I thought it was automatic if you use the same email (which I did mention).