Question

Refund of outstanding credit?

Hi,

I have recently switched away from PP. Now that they have ceased trading will my credit still be refunded?

10 replies

Probably be refunded by new supplier who takes over or ask Ofgem about this situation.

regards

@Ian1984 ,

This question is answered directly on Ofgem's website. The new supplier will sort out closed accounts and handle refunds.

I am in the ae position as you. I was just waiting for my final bill to be sent and then the refund sorted out.

Userlevel 3

In in the same in position too. It's a bit annoying that they drag their heels when it comes to paying refunds, meaning you have to wait even longer when they stoo trading, yet when it comes to increasing your payments they are very quick.

Hello @srf739, @Mark Pocock and @Ian1984 

Your credit will still be refunded and is protected, it’ll be refunded by the supplier that takes on PP’s member base. You can read more here:

I’m in credit. Will I get my money back?

Yes. Your balance will be carried over to your new supplier. They will be in contact with you soon and will let you know how to manage your balance.

Userlevel 3

I know it's protected and will be refunded eventually, it's just very annoying that companies drag their feet so much when it comes to paying refunds and then you have to wait even longer when they go bust. If owe them they want it immediately. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I know it's protected and will be refunded eventually, it's just very annoying that companies drag their feet so much when it comes to paying refunds and then you have to wait even longer when they go bust. If owe them they want it immediately. 

@srf739 

Evidence? I thought not. (or define “immediately”)

Dicto Simpliciter

(no that doesn’t mean you have a simple appendage)

Userlevel 3

Based on the fact that I have submitted meter readings and had an email the next morning saying my direct debits are going up, yet when I've left companies I've also submitted meter readings but it's taken months to get the final bill and then the money. That's happened numerous times.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@srf739 

A direct debit increase isn’t immediate, it can take weeks. It shouldn’t take more than 6 weeks maximum for a final bill to be produced (often less) unless there is a dispute about the readings, and maybe 10 days from there for any refund to reach your account. The time scales are enshrined in legislation to protect you, so I still don’t agree with you.

You’ve generalised based on maybe one poor experience. 

Every time I’ve just made a cup of coffee, I get interrupted by our elderly cat who always needs lifting into the litter,  just as the coffee is made -  thus my coffee goes cold (the coffee is for me - the cat doesn’t drink coffee).

I finally realised that my generalisation that the cat knew I was just about to drink the coffee was wrong The problem was due to me  making too many coffees rather than having an incontinent cat (which, bless her, she now is)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@woz 

poor kitty 🐈‍⬛ 

Hello @Ian1984 

It’s understandably a stressful time for you.

Please don’t worry, you will get the credit owed. 

Here’s more info