Solved

Radio Telemeter Series K

• 30 October 2018
  • 5 replies

Hi,

How do I know which rate is day and which is night?

The two rate options are numbered as Rate 4 and Rate 1...

Thanks,
Oliver
icon

Best answer by woz 30 October 2018, 14:11

hi Oliver
Rate 1 is your Day reading
Rate 4 is your Night reading
As a double check the number on rate 4 should be between 25% and 50% of rate 1 (purely a guess)
So for example if rate 1 reads 10,000 rate 4 will probably read between 2500 and 5000

Just checking are you definitely on an E7 tariff?
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Oliver
As a double check the number on rate 4 should be between 25% and 50% of rate 1 (purely a guess)
So for example if rate 1 reads 10,000 rate 4 will probably read between 2500 and 5000

woz;15114:
hi Oliver
As a double check the number on rate 4 should be lower than the rate 1 number by anywhere between 25% and 50% (purely a guess)
So for example if rate 1 reads 10,000 rate 4 will probably read between 5000 and 7,500

Hi Woz,

Thank you for your reply.

That actually makes sense as I recall one being higher than the other, when I get home tonight I will check that it’s consistent with what you’ve said.

With regards to being on an E7 tariff - I’m not sure. I’ve just been asked by PP to submit my first reading and they’ve split the electricity reading out by day and night.

Thanks,
Oliver
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Oliver
I made a stupid error in the maths in my post which I've now corrected, but too late you've already quoted it.
If PP have taken you on it must be E7, I was concerned that it might be E10
woz;15116:
hi Oliver
I made a stupid error in the maths in my post which I've now corrected, but too late you've already quoted it.
If PP have taken you on it must be E7, I was concerned that it might be E10

Apologies but I don’t know the difference between E7 and E10?

Are they different tariffs or is that the different names of the unit that I have?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Oliver
Economy 10 is a different tariff to E7, timings are different and it's usually used with electric storage heating.
It's just that I knew PP couldn't take on E10, but if you don't have storage heaters and they've taken you on it's of no concern.
I was just being prudent in asking.
Presumably you don't have a bill from the current supplier to look at?