Solved

Pure Planet s to be Avoided

• 8 November 2018
  • 20 replies

Initially , I was very impressed, even recommended Pure Planet to friends and family but not so impressed now. I submitted my opening meter readings and all looked OK on the App, I then went to submit my second months reading but noticed the initial gas reading had been changed from 1501 to 22150 when I realised I raised my concern with Pure Planet and got I got the reply “When you switch suppliers, the opening readings you submit go through some regulatory checks before they can be used by either supplier.
We sent your gas reading of 1501 to be checked, and an estimate of 22150 was returned to both suppliers to use instead. Neither supplier is responsible for calculating this estimate.”
Why are you calculating an estimate when I gave you the figures?
I have requested to cancel the switch and return to my previous reputable company (Bulb) who trust the readings I have provided regularly for the last year.
pure Planet is a joke and will not be recommended to anybody else.
Paul Gloster

- - - Updated - - -

Just about to post to Trust Pilot too.
icon

Best answer by TonyMcH 15 November 2018, 20:24

I’m beginning to think that 10k+ (satisfied) members may be wrong about choosing PP ?
View original

20 replies

Hi @Paul Gloster
Let me check with our Member services team what's happening.
We'll get it sorted 🆙
Hi again @Paul Gloster

It looks like this was caused by your previous supplier not updating your meter details when you had a smart meter installed.
Our Member services team say they can see electricity smart meter details from your old supplier but an imperial standard meter for your gas, and it's unlikely that they would have given you a smart meter for one and not the other.

Because they didn't update your gas meter details, the estimated gas reading we used came from your old meter.

All you need to do is send a photo of your meter showing the serial number to our team. They've emailed this info to you, just hit 'reply' to their email.

That way they can update the details for you and send it to your old supplier to amend the readings.

🆙
I have sent the photos. I am not impressed about having to do all of this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I have to ask the question, Paul why would you mention that you were going to post a review on Trustpilot?
Trustpilot isn't intended as a lever to get what you want (or what you think you want) it's intended for honest reviews, so if you do post there do be sure to include all the facts above, none of which issues as far as I can see were the fault of PP.
In fact it appears that your previous supplier carries most of the responsibility for what happened.

Is Trustpilot trustworthy?

I love the shoot first and ask questions later approach though, very refreshing.
Stopping my direct debit now. The meter readings that I have again submitted have been deleted from my account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hello paul. Meter readings do not show until the mess caused by your previous supplier has been sorted out. Once this has been done all will be fine.
Have you had a final bill from last supplier,im guessing not.
Posted more or less word for word.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Jon1, no final bill from previous supplier. I am angry that the readings I am supplying are being ignored by Pure Planet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hello again.
I can understand your frustration. Sadly i had issues as my old supplier stuffed up. Your readings dont show until they have been verified. Annoyingly this is harder than it should be. As PP send them to the regulator who send them to your old supplier who agree or disagree and send back to regulator who send to PP.
When there is an issue obviously it takes longer and us mere mortal customers are the ones who suffer. Its the fault of an ancient system that is 20 yrs out of date. All i can say is be patient annoying as that can be.
Hi Jon1,
I see I would be happier if PP trusted me and sorted the detail behind the scenes. Now my DD is stopped it might get a bit of prioritisation but I am quite willing to discuss in a court if necessary.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi Paul

Why do you think they don't trust you and why do you assume it isn't being sorted out?
May I ask, what are your perceived losses? Have you been overcharged?

Paul Gloster;16607:
Hi Jon1,
I see I would be happier if PP trusted me and sorted the detail behind the scenes. Now my DD is stopped it might get a bit of prioritisation but I am quite willing to discuss in a court if necessary.
If PP trusted me they would use the meter readings I provided. I am not interested in anything else that may or may not be happening behind the scenes with previous suppliers etc just bill me for the readings I have provided and sort any other issues behind the scenes.my start meter reading was changed by PP from 1501 to 22150 without asking me for any clarification or authorisation.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh forgot to mention, yes I have been overcharged.

- - - Updated - - -

I requested that PP cancel the switch but this has not been done.
I’m beginning to think that 10k+ (satisfied) members may be wrong about choosing PP ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
It saddens me to say this but your attitude puts you beyond help.
Is your account so special compared to everyone else’s that PP aren’t entitled to ask you for proof of readings because somehow them wanting to make sure you are charged correctly disadvantages you and you consider it's a personal insult to ask you?

If they’ve made an error they’ll put it right, and I’m not excusing any errors they may or may not have made.
So far you have no real, losses, (only your statement may be inaccurate but they haven't deducted any more money because your payments are fixed and if it was me I'd want to give them the opportunity to fix whatever was wrong.

You can only cancel during the 14 day cooling off period. If you want to switch out just switch to another provider but I do hope they (the new provider) don’t have the audacity to ask you for proof of readings.

Trust cuts both ways.

I edited this as my response was not in keeping with my life philosophy (I don't have one but it sounds good).

Paul Gloster;16650:
If PP trusted me they would use the meter readings I provided. I am not interested in anything else that may or may not be happening behind the scenes with previous suppliers etc just bill me for the readings I have provided and sort any other issues behind the scenes.my start meter reading was changed by PP from 1501 to 22150 without asking me for any clarification or authorisation.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh forgot to mention, yes I have been overcharged.

- - - Updated - - -

I requested that PP cancel the switch but this has not been done.
It saddens me too. But having sent photos of the meters and their readings I can’t understand why there is a problem. Thanks for your advice Woz I will initiate another switch at the weekend.
Hi @Paul Gloster
It is of course your call if you decide to switch.
If you do, the supplier you switch to will have the same problems we're having.
To repeat - one of your previous suppliers changed your meter but did not update the national database.
Which means your actual opening readings will never be used to open/close accounts between different suppliers because, according to the energy regulator, they're way off.
This is because the regulator is using the wrong data from a non-existent meter.
This will keep happening until your meter is updated on the national database.
We're in the process of doing this for you, and which is why we asked for your meter photos. Thanks for sending them 🆙
Hi Marc,
Thanks for you explanation, very much appreciated.
I accept that there might be an issue of some sort but I struggle to understand why the readings/photos that I am providing are not being used. If you would be so kind as to use the figures I provide I will change my opinion/reviews of PP.

- - - Updated - - -

Marc,
I forgot to mention, as you already know the start readings, if you would like me to send you the latest reading so you can bill me accordingly, I am more than happy to do so. All I request is that you use my readings or even better send a reader to my property and bill me appropriately.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi again paul.
Oddly it is not up to you me pure planet or even your old supplier what your opening readings are, it is up to the industry regulator. So as in your case when the info they have is out of date they wont accept the readings you provide. So now PP have to dispute the info on your behalf and get the info updated so that the readings you provided can be used usually takes a couple of weeks. They are not ignored rather the crap system and quangos in charge of it wont accept them.
Thanks again Marc,
I struggle to understand why readings are requested if they are not used and why readings from a regulator are used instead. I will give PP to sort the problem.
Thanks again.
Paul
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@Paul Gloster @Marc
This has become clearer now, my interpretation of the earlier posts was err..hasty.
I know this is a stupid question but I’m going to ask anyway, in the interim while the meter database does it’s thing, is there any reason why PP’s systems can’t just be input with the real numbers supplied, just for billing purposes? That would seem the most prudent route as the Paul would get bills which reflected his reality, and the account could be annotated awaiting database confirmation.
I think that is what Paul is asking?
I meant to say, “give PP 3 weeks to sort”

- - - Updated - - -

Spot on Woz.

- - - Updated - - -

Spot on Woz.