Solved

Pure Planet meter readings

The Pure Planet website is the worst one I use. It is impossible to give you a meter reading. I am seriously thinking of changing suppliers for this reason alone.
Get your act together or loose a customer. The choice is yours.
icon

Best answer by Nataly 12 December 2019, 15:47

Hey @Geoff Allen

In our app/web update on Monday we released some improvements to sending us a meter reading, thanks to all the great feedback from our Members.

You can check them out here🙂
View original

10 replies

Geoff Allen;43827:
The Pure Planet website is the worst one I use. It is impossible to give you a meter reading. I am seriously thinking of changing suppliers for this reason alone.
Get your act together or loose a customer. The choice is yours.

Hi Geoff,

First post to the Community Forum for PP customers......so Welcome
​​​​​​​
How long have you been a PP customer?? 🤔
The reason I ask is that quite a few new customers seem to struggle with PP's digital business model.....not everyone, but some definitely do.

I personally feel very comfortable with the digital methodology.......I've never had any issues submitting meter readings in over 13 months as a PP customer.......maybe I'm just lucky with the devices that I use all fairly new and well updated, and I always make sure I update the PP App as soon as it's updated. Don't know if that could be your issue......🤔🤔

Hey @Geoff Allen

In our app/web update on Monday we released some improvements to sending us a meter reading, thanks to all the great feedback from our Members.

You can check them out here🙂

If you could get smart meters to work that would avoid having to send readings!

I’ve been on estimated readings since Feb

If you could get smart meters to work that would avoid having to send readings!

I’ve been on estimated readings since Feb

Hi @Qwertyuiop 

Welcome to the Pure Planet community.

Your statement doesn’t tell us much, so it’s a bit hard to advise you.

For a start:

1:
Are your Smart Meters ‘SMETS1’ or ‘SMETS2’

If they were installed by Pure Planet - definitely SMETS2.

If installed by someone else and before 2018 - SMETS1.

If installed by someone else and after 2018 - could be either SMETS1 or SMETS2.

2:

If you’ve been on ‘Estimated readings’ for four months, is there any reason why you can’t provide readings yourself, both SMETS1 and SMETS2 meters are capable of being manually read by the customer.

Kindest Regards
Gwyndy​​​​​​

Sorry i did not mean to waste your time.

I strayed into this forum following an email bigging up pp’s app

The only benefit of smart meters, whilst you can’t access historical data, is billing based on automatic readings. So improving the meter reading part of the app would be wasted if smart metering worked.

I have complained but was told it would take two months to reboot the system (even my PC does not take that long) Two months has passed still not working So I’ll keep complaining

Thanks for listening i feel better now

Sorry i did not mean to waste your time.

I strayed into this forum following an email bigging up pp’s app

The only benefit of smart meters, whilst you can’t access historical data, is billing based on automatic readings. So improving the meter reading part of the app would be wasted if smart metering worked.

I have complained but was told it would take two months to reboot the system (even my PC does not take that long) Two months has passed still not working So I’ll keep complaining

Thanks for listening i feel better now

Hi @Qwertyuiop 

No time wasted, we try to help if we can, if we can’t, as with your situation, that’s life I guess.

Unfortunately; at least as I understand it, rebooting the system for SMETS2 meters is the responsibility of Smart DCC, the government appointed, arms-length, body responsible for the systems on which the Smart Meter roll-out operates.

All Pure Planet, and therefore by extension you, can do is request your meter be sorted, and wait, and wait, and probably wait some more.

The app however, is something within Pure Planet’s remit, so we hope - particularly those of us who, like myself, have SMETS1, or other ‘dumb’ meters, that it can be fully functional soon,

Hope you get it fixed sooner rather than later.

I love your top drawer user name @Qwertyuiop! Keep smiling! 😊 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

yep, PYFGCRL doesn’t quite have the same ring to it..

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

yep, PYFGCRL doesn’t quite have the same ring to it..

🤣

Hello @Qwertyuiop 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! Some spot on advice here from @Gwyndy - 

depending on whether you have a SMETS 1 or 2 these may also be useful:

I hope this helps!