Solved

Pure planet charged a new customer £41.99 without saying what for

• 9 September 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi there,

So I'm a new customer and recently signed up, first time I've changed electricity companies, but after around two weeks before I even sent the first meter reading they ask for when you sign up I've seen £41.99 come out of my bank account from pure planet, but I'm looking at the app and it's not coming up as a bill or anything, what is that charge for?
icon

Best answer by Mavis1 9 September 2018, 20:28

Hello saq.
With PP you pay monthly in advance,so this payment is simply your first DD payment.
If you look in the app under MY ACCOUNT then schroll down to MY PAYMENTS. This will show you your payment plan and date.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hello saq.
With PP you pay monthly in advance,so this payment is simply your first DD payment.
If you look in the app under MY ACCOUNT then schroll down to MY PAYMENTS. This will show you your payment plan and date.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi saq
as jon says it's your first DD, taken on the day you switch.
You should get your first monthly statement about 1 month after your starting date.
You should send some meter readings when you get the meter reading reminder which will be a couple of days before your bill date.
Hi @Saq
Welcome to the community! :)
That's correct
As @Jon1 and @woz say, the first payment is taken on the date that you switch.
We take your Direct Debit upfront, because we buy your energy in advance.
Happy to keep chatting here if you have other questions 🆙

Saq;11365:
Hi there,

So I'm a new customer and recently signed up, first time I've changed electricity companies, but after around two weeks before I even sent the first meter reading they ask for when you sign up I've seen £41.99 come out of my bank account from pure planet, but I'm looking at the app and it's not coming up as a bill or anything, what is that charge for?
Ah okay that makes a lot of sense, thank you everyone for getting back to me!