Solved

Price

Hi when do you check my metre? I am not sure if I have sent in a reading. I am worried that the amount you are taking by direct debit is less than I am using and that I may end up with a big bill at some point. That said I notice that my direct debit has gone down this month, is this just for the summer months ? When will it go up again please and to what amount? This info is needed for my budget thanks a lot!
icon

Best answer by woz 13 May 2019, 16:47

hi Jayne
60% of your annual amount is taken in the colder months, Oct-Mar and 40% is taken April -Sept.
So if your annual amount was for example £1200, then £120 would be taken in colder months and £80 in warmer months.
Multiplying your warmer payment by 1.5 will give you the colder payment
You'll see your payments rise on your Oct. statement.
Are you physically able to read your meter? If not there is help available by joining the Priority Services Register in the Account section of the app.
If you are able to read the meter but aren't sure whether you've sent in a reading don't worry you can just send another in, (you can send readings once every 24 hours if you want but once a month is fine) the best time is when you get the reminder in the app or the email reminder, but if you've missed sending one send one now, it won't do any harm.
Keep an eye on the balance in your statement, it should usually be about an average months payment in credit (but it can swing either way)
If you're worried that your payments aren't high enough or your balance is consistently negative, type "message the team" into wattbot in the app (under help) and ask for someone to check you're paying enough, but payments are set to be correct over a year, accounts are reviewed every 6 months.
Jayne;29247:
Hi when do you check my metre? I am not sure if I have sent in a reading. I am worried that the amount you are taking by direct debit is less than I am using and that I may end up with a big bill at some point. That said I notice that my direct debit has gone down this month, is this just for the summer months ? When will it go up again please and to what amount? This info is needed for my budget thanks a lot!
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Your DD will have gone down for the summer months.
You should get an email every months from PP, asking you to submit meter readings. Have you not received these emails?
Anyway, you can submit a meter reading Any time through the app.
You can also check your meter reading history in the app too, to see if you have sent a reading (click on 'usage' bubble, then on reading history, then scroll down)
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Jayne
60% of your annual amount is taken in the colder months, Oct-Mar and 40% is taken April -Sept.
So if your annual amount was for example £1200, then £120 would be taken in colder months and £80 in warmer months.
Multiplying your warmer payment by 1.5 will give you the colder payment
You'll see your payments rise on your Oct. statement.
Are you physically able to read your meter? If not there is help available by joining the Priority Services Register in the Account section of the app.
If you are able to read the meter but aren't sure whether you've sent in a reading don't worry you can just send another in, (you can send readings once every 24 hours if you want but once a month is fine) the best time is when you get the reminder in the app or the email reminder, but if you've missed sending one send one now, it won't do any harm.
Keep an eye on the balance in your statement, it should usually be about an average months payment in credit (but it can swing either way)
If you're worried that your payments aren't high enough or your balance is consistently negative, type "message the team" into wattbot in the app (under help) and ask for someone to check you're paying enough, but payments are set to be correct over a year, accounts are reviewed every 6 months.
Jayne;29247: