Solved

Plastic is drastic. Amazon rewards

• 27 August 2019
  • 7 replies

Anyone else think it’s not very good for the planet to reward customer referrals with the plastic kingpin, air polluting, non tax paying, slave driving Amazon behemoth.
i think it’s hypocritical and counter productive.
Pure Planet?! My a£?se!
icon

Best answer by Marc 28 August 2019, 09:55

David BellamysBeard;36290:
Anyone else think it’s not very good for the planet to reward customer referrals with the plastic kingpin, air polluting, non tax paying, slave driving Amazon behemoth.
Pure Planet?! My a£?se!

Hi @David BellamysBeard
Welcome to the commmunity! Thanks for posting. 🆙
(And like @woz has said, great username!)
Cheers for your thoughts on this. A recent app release has given us a new rewards 'platform' which will enable us to offer alternatives to Amazon vouchers.
We know there are a lot of our Members who are not too comfortable about Amazon - check out this post which has a lot of feedback on this topic.
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi David BellamysBeard
​In answer to your question, yes lots do and some don't.

It's been discussed many times and PP are looking at offering alternative rewards, this sentiment being one (but not the only) driver of the change.
Presumably you don't drive or use supermarkets or buy anything online, or create any pollution yourself or buy Japanese products (they kill whales) or eat meat... or insert whatever you do that you could change to make the world a better place.
As I haven't had the pleasure of examining your a£?se I'm not sure if it's a good benchmark here.

Not said to inflame but said in the context of your remark about hypocrisy. (which may have been tongue in cheek, lets not go there the picture hurts)
At least PP treat their staff and customers ethically.
I'm more concerned about the repercussions of using excessive rewards to tempt customers in but that could be seen as another hypocrisy as I would be happy to take the rewards.(But then one action doesn't mitigate another)

Disclaimer I hate plastic packaging (there are sometimes those gas filled pouches but they are marked as recyclable, although my local council allegedly don't recycle them - sometimes it's lots of paper instead-that's good) but I do use Amazon

;36290:
Pure Planet?! My a£?se!
I am relieved PP treat their staff well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
😃 me too! (I don't work for PP)
Great username by the way welcome to the community and keep the feedback coming!
​Also I'm revising my reply - I don't think anyone actually actually thinks it's good for the planet,
all of which is what I should have posted in the first place.
David BellamysBeard;36297:
I am relieved PP treat their staff well.
David BellamysBeard;36290:
Pure Planet?! My a£?se!

Hi @David BellamysBeard
Welcome to the commmunity! Thanks for posting. 🆙
(And like @woz has said, great username!)
Cheers for your thoughts on this. A recent app release has given us a new rewards 'platform' which will enable us to offer alternatives to Amazon vouchers.
We know there are a lot of our Members who are not too comfortable about Amazon - check out this post which has a lot of feedback on this topic.
I agree that promoting Amazon by offering their vouchers on Pure Planet is not an ethically sound decision.
When will it change?
May even cause me to move to another green supplier if its not changed soon.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Mitch
I think what is being considered is to give those who wish not to have Amazon vouchers a choice, not to stop offering them.
I don't have a date but I expect it's quite soon as it's been discussed recently.

Mitch2004;40443:
I agree that promoting Amazon by offering their vouchers on Pure Planet is not an ethically sound decision.
When will it change?
Mitch2004;40443:
When will it change?

Hi @Mitch2004
Welcome to the community!
Thanks for posting.
This update from last week may be of interest 🆙