Solved

PHONE CALL - WHO IS CALLING ME AT 8PM!

Userlevel 1

AN UNEXPECTED PHONE CALL AT 8PM.  NO SPEECH...

WAS THIS A SCAM OR THE PURE PLANET BOT? 

TO THE MANAGEMENT TEAM IF IT WAS YOU - PLEASE EMAIL ME , I WILL NOT ACCEPT A CALL FROM THIS UNKNOWN/UNVERIFIEDNUMBER.

icon

Best answer by Gwyndy 16 August 2021, 21:37

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi
I don't think you reslise- you're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum. 

are you expecting a call or reply from PP? 

Have you sent a message through Wattbott? - if so - head back to wattbott to see if there's a reply. 

Hi @EvergreenPP 

Welcome to the Pure Planet Community.

The Pure Planet Management Team don’t, to the best of my knowledge, regularly read things here.

The Community have no idea who you are, customer details are separate from the Community, so there’s nothing we can do about emailing you.

You would need to contact Pure Planet directly using the App, or logged in at Purpla.net and ask WattBot, who will probably have to leave a message for Member Services.

According to several ‘Who Called Me’ type sites, the number is indeed used by Pure Planet, but I don’t know what exactly for.

Regards

Gwyndy

Userlevel 1

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@EvergreenPP

As far as I know PP don’t as such use a bot to call* and I would be very surprised if they ever did, that given there is a specific reason if they are calling you.

*Maybe they were waiting to hear you speak? I’d be interested to know if that’s how their call system is set up as other systems do use that method, if they don’t get a response once answered they cut the call automatically.

There have been a number of suggestions (so far ignored or not implemented) as to how PP can verify the call is genuine, but obviously some sort of dialogue would need to tale place first.

(for example a near perfect solution  “please log into your account (which is as secure as it gets unless hacked at PP) you’ll see a message in help to confirm it’s us calling you) 

Even if they did verify and this advice goes for ANY incoming call, you should never give out personal financial or banking details to anyone.

P.S. no need to shout! We hear you, unless your capslock is jammed on...

Userlevel 1

Thanks, anemail has been received from Pure Planet, so the number is likely theirs  

Userlevel 1

Thanks -caps lock no longer on...

Yeah, spotted you sorted that @EvergreenPP , your first post was hurting my eyes! 😉 

Userlevel 1

Sorry, but you’re showing your age.  Older people like CAPS because they save (energy) pressing two keys at the same time.  It is not shouting for us - it is just more easily achievable and the print (font?) READABLE.

Thankyou for you concern.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

LOL, oops I meant lol...noo..it just doesn’t work in lower case...

Userlevel 1

Nice one.. woz (lower case enunciation noted).

A 101 is more like a chuckle...

Hello @EvergreenPP 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Thanks everyone for jumping in to help @EvergreenPP out - I’ve checked this with our Member Services team and I can reassure you that this was a call from Pure Planet to discuss your account review. 

I’ve edited your post to remove the number to save confusion for other members, as its an outbound number only. Thanks for flagging this @Duppy!

I hope this helps!