Solved

ordering a smart meter

• 8 January 2021
  • 1 reply

My mother in law is with pure and she’s 84. Her meter is only accessible via a ladder. Every month she gets stressed by the emails requesting a meter reading and often gets the ladder out before I get there. I suggested a smart meter but when she asked she was told that as it would be a 2 man job to install she’d be way down the priority list. Is there any way to sort this out????

icon

Best answer by woz 8 January 2021, 22:37

@Skones 

A couple of suggestions, have you put mum on the priority services register? If she can’t read the meter they will come and read it for her (Covid permitting I guess).

Also I suggest you send the request via wattbot (help&support>ask a question) persist through bot replies until it says your message has been passed to the team.

As far as I know there isn’t any way to prevent the reminders, but tbh, if her usage is pretty consistent I’d see if you can persuade her not to worry about the messages, and it really won’t matter if you miss the odd reading, it’ll catch up next time you submit. Whether you can persuade her not to worry is the crux.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Skones 

A couple of suggestions, have you put mum on the priority services register? If she can’t read the meter they will come and read it for her (Covid permitting I guess).

Also I suggest you send the request via wattbot (help&support>ask a question) persist through bot replies until it says your message has been passed to the team.

As far as I know there isn’t any way to prevent the reminders, but tbh, if her usage is pretty consistent I’d see if you can persuade her not to worry about the messages, and it really won’t matter if you miss the odd reading, it’ll catch up next time you submit. Whether you can persuade her not to worry is the crux.