opinions

• 25 October 2021
  • 27 replies

Userlevel 3

I think Shell Energy may start emailing this week to set up all our accounts and we should be able to login to shell app and start to give reads etc, anyone else’s thinking the same?  Opinions please

ryan

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’m thinking otherwise. Too early.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I certainly hope so Ryan. 

But without any indication to go on, it's just a waiting game.

What made you think it's gonna happen this week? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I have an inkling it’ll be this week, so it’s done by end of the month. May be wrong, but my inklings are often right. Never been in this position, so nothing to go by, but something is telling me this week. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The sooner the better, imo 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I think it's far too early, in the past month Shell has taken over 570,000 customers from 5 failed companies. That's a lot of accounts that need to be transferred, that's even if everything is straightforward, with no hitches.

Who are the Poll masters, how about a poll on the subject like the who will the new supplier be?

Does it matter that much? We know what is going to happen, debits and credits are safe, they will have the requisite information and in reality things will be little different from where they are now except we get bills every quarter instead of every month and it will cost more. Not really bothered how long they take.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I don’t care about how long the account takes. I just want to know what my monthly payments are. My monthly at PP is not going to cover Shell prices. 

@Lapa you can work them out now. Shell publish their tariff. Mine, based on 2020’s consumption will be £141.25 per month.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Does it matter that much? We know what is going to happen, debits and credits are safe, they will have the requisite information and in reality things will be little different from where they are now except we get bills every quarter instead of every month and it will cost more. Not really bothered how long they take.

Yeah, You're right Richard, doesn't really matter how long it takes. Takes as long as it takes. 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks

Well, I received an email from Shell today, but all it said was ‘This is your tariff, you can keep up to date on our blog.’

Full text below (I presume others have also received variations of it.)

Your energy tariff explained
Hello Mark,
We recently got in touch to let you know we’d be taking over your energy supply. Since then, we’ve been working closely with Pure Planet and their administrator to make your account setup as smooth as possible.
We promised we’d be in touch with more details about your energy tariff, so here’s everything you need to know.
About your tariff
You’ll be moved onto our Flexible 6 tariff, which is a standard variable tariff and the cheapest we have available, based on today’s wholesale costs. It’s also protected by Ofgem’s price cap, regardless of how you pay. The rates for this tariff are fixed until 1 April 2022, which is when the price cap will be revised. This tariff has no exit fees and includes 5% VAT.
Here at Shell Energy, we’re proud to offer 100% renewable electricity as standard on all our tariffs.
What’s the Ofgem price cap?
The energy price cap limits how much an energy supplier can charge for their standard variable tariff. It’s based on how much Ofgem, the energy regulator, thinks suppliers need to spend to get energy into your home. It also gives you reassurance that, if costs rise, those price rises are justified.
We adjust our prices for the flexible tariff in line with Ofgem’s price cap and to reflect wholesale energy-price changes. You can read more about this in ‘Wholesale energy prices explained’ on our blog.
Your new prices on our Flexible 6 tariff
These figures are based on the assumption that you’ll be paying by Direct Debit.
As of Sunday 17 October, your rates are as follows:
  Electricity
Standing charge (per day) 24.86p
Unit rate (per kWh) 21.180p
You can read the Terms and Conditions for your new flexible tariff. You can also find our answers to some energy Terms and Conditions, as well as finding frequently asked questions.
Important information about paying by Direct Debit
If you had a Direct Debit set up with Pure Planet, please don’t cancel it or you might fall into debt. If you’ve already cancelled your Direct Debit, or didn’t have one in place, then don’t worry. We’ll be in touch to let you know how to set up a new one.
If you choose not to set up a Direct Debit with us, we’ll move you onto the non-Direct Debit version of our Flexible tariff. But this will mean paying an extra charge to cover the costs of supporting your payment choice.

What happens next?
We’re working with Pure Planet to get your account details transferred over. This is all in hand, so we’ll be in touch shortly with more details. In the meantime, here’s what to do:
  Keep sending Pure Planet your monthly meter reads
  Leave your Direct Debit with Pure Planet in place
  Make sure your contact details are up to date
Stay up to date
Visit our blog where we’ll be posting regular updates. You’ll also find answers to frequently asked questions in the Help section of our website.
The Pure Planet team is still available for chat and general service queries under ‘help’ in your existing Pure Planet app or online account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes, I received this too . No indication of timescale. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Another conspiracy theory for some of you to ponder. 

Did bp collapse pure planet on purpose as they have got their eyes on a bigger fish.

Maybe and hopefully they will snap up bulb energy as they seem to currently be on their knees so in another  few days, provided you got the financial clout its yours for the taking. 

I have seen stranger things happen in my 50 years of being around. 

@Mavis1 Not really a conspiracy theory but a common sense decision. They will come out of it OK, losses for them will not be great and better to clean the slate with a view to starting again. So, not a strange thing but a common one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Think I’ve read Ovo are in talks with Bulb who have a tasty debt...apart from the Directors of course.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There are several interested parties but not much uptake once the accts show they have a rumoured £600 million in liabilities. 

@Mavis1 If so then the auditors will be worried.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I sent my meter readings to PP as normal today. Didn’t take photographs this time, just submitted as requested. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I wonder if we will get anything after the 17 days for a Normal switch or if it will take longer. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s why I had bonfire night in mind, but now I am thinking it’ll take much longer, else I think we’d have had more from Shell, our Laps. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

To be fair they not even has 14 days yet. I’m not expecting anything now until we have ur account info. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Oh indeed, I think they’ve been most welcoming, and don’t want it rushed no way. I think it may even be December or, dare I say, 2022 now

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’d be happy if they just changed my dd to what it would be and not have an active account so to speak. Wish I hadn’t pulled my spare credit out now but needed the money 😂 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

What do you mean our Laps? Like not have a login to their app you mean? So kinda going back to how it used to be, and pay monthly DD and get quarterly statements you mean? 🤷‍♀️

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No just them tell me how much I need to pay as atm my PP rates are about half of my monthly with Shell (I’m on November 2020 tariff so it’s really low compared to current rates or newer fixed rates). Yes I know I’m a broken record.