Solved

Opening gas meter readings required.

• 12 October 2020
  • 8 replies

Trying to submit opening gas meter reading but my 1st generation smart meter does not give me any options apart from kwh but need to submit  in m3

icon

Best answer by woz 12 October 2020, 21:03

@Bigfish

that’s because you aren’t reading the actual meter you’re reading the ihd (in home display).

You need to read the actual meter the one on the wall or in a box outside, it’ll appear blank and you need to wake it by pressing a button. It will show you the meter index in m3. Don’t send those kWh readings!

https://community.purepla.net/smart-meters-and-ihds-33/how-to-read-your-smart-meter-10332

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Bigfish

that’s because you aren’t reading the actual meter you’re reading the ihd (in home display).

You need to read the actual meter the one on the wall or in a box outside, it’ll appear blank and you need to wake it by pressing a button. It will show you the meter index in m3. Don’t send those kWh readings!

https://community.purepla.net/smart-meters-and-ihds-33/how-to-read-your-smart-meter-10332

Hi @Bigfish,

DELETED 

I’m sure @woz will (edit did) follow up with more illumination… 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Bigfish,

DELETED 

I’m sure @woz will (edit did) follow up with more illumination… 😄

@25 quid what seems to be the problem other than that I may have made a completely incorrect assumption?

@25 quid what seems to be the problem other than that I may have made a completely incorrect assumption?

No, I was unclear. You beat me to the answer, so I just deleted mine and adjusted my postscript. In retrospect that doesn’t look very clear in isolation.

Originally I felt my answer was incomplete. So I’d said that I thought you would follow up with more info (as I knew we were both posting at the time). I should have deleted all or none of my original answer. Phew. Clearer?

@Bigfish listen to @woz’s excellent original answer and ignore this tangent. 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@25 quid haha, I knew that…:robot:

actually I did follow up with a link to meter reading, but only time will tell (or not)if my assumption is correct… 

are you up for breaking my $64000 meter reading spreadsheet yet? I keep disimproving it...(is that a word?)

I like tangents but I prefer satsumas

I love breaking things. Promise not to be cross?

Thanks guys, Woz I will give that a try as was just looking at a blank screen with a keypad with no instructions on the meter itself prior to the post lets hope it comes to life! :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I love breaking things. Promise not to be cross?

I’m in mid rewrite, decided to make it easier to check it against a statement as it failed at the first hurdle (damn VAT...) nearly done...It’s only taken a month so far...