Old supllier meter reading

• 10 August 2017
  • 5 replies

I have now received my final bill from British Gas with the final reading 8 units greater than my reading on 2 August.
Having read about disputed readings I do not propose to take the matter up with BG, but it does seem a bit petty of BG for such a small amount.
The new reading is 26932 and I understand that will be the figure you start with.
When I read your email telling me you had 'flipped the switch' I expected at the very least for a fanfare from my gas pipe when the noiler cut in - but nothing!! Very disappointing.
Yours
Michael

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Hi @MichaelOfHighwray. That's the first piece of feedback we've had about a gas pipe fanfare! Great to hear you've got you final bill too. Mine took a little longer than yours did when I switched. I was waiting for a while How are you getting on with the app?

Also, feel free to share any sustainability/environmental news you find in our special community section and you can take a look at some already there too, if you wish to.
https://community.purepla.net/forums/7-Sustainability-news-and-views
Toby;359:
Hi @MichaelOfHighwray. That's the first piece of feedback we've had about a gas pipe fanfare! Great to hear you've got you final bill too. Mine took a little longer than yours did when I switched. I was waiting for a while How are you getting on with the app?

Also, feel free to share any sustainability/environmental news you find in our special community section and you can take a look at some already there too, if you wish to.
https://community.purepla.net/forums/7-Sustainability-news-and-views

Everything's gone so well I've not had much cause to use the app. I gather the meyer reading bug has been sorted out now so I'll just wait until you need my next readings.
Thanks for everything
Michael
Userlevel 5
Yep, that glitch should be fixed now Michael, so feel free to use that part of the app when you're ready.
A clear cut case of Ignore Previous Message!
Apologies to British Gas. A new bill has been issued with my meter reading.
Michael
Userlevel 5
Glad to hear you've got your final bill @MichaelOfHighwray. Not too long a wait either really? When I switched, my final bill from my old supplier took a fair while!