Solved

odd gas meter

• 30 August 2019
  • 5 replies

Hello, my gas meter was changed earlier this year following a gas leak. Its an imperial meter with 5 digits followed by 3 digits in a red box. When I submit the meter reading I'm told that 5 digits is too long; when I ignore the last digit and resubmit a 4 digit reading I'm told that the figure is not what is expected (presumably too low a figure). Consequently my gas bill is always estimated.
Its definitely not a digital meter (which has 5 digits) nor is it a dial meter.
Any help with this please?
icon

Best answer by woz 2 September 2019, 12:49

hi chang
​Just to add to marc's reply, have another look at your meter I think you'll find it is now metric not imperial and measures in cubic metres. The meter database still thinks it's imperial hence the mismatch.
I may be wrong...let us know
chang;36532:
Hello, my gas meter was changed earlier this year following a gas leak. Its an imperial meter with 5 digits followed by 3 digits in a red box. When I submit the meter reading I'm told that 5 digits is too long; when I ignore the last digit and resubmit a 4 digit reading I'm told that the figure is not what is expected (presumably too low a figure). Consequently my gas bill is always estimated.
View original

5 replies

Hey @chang and welcome to the PP Community:D

Sounds like there may be a mismatch of information about your meter on the national database, following your meter change.

As this is meter specific, I'd 'message the team' via WattBot ('help' > 'Ask Wattbot' in your account), and send them a photo of the full front of your meter and any yellow stickers with the meter change info on it.

They'll then be able to check your meter information for you🆙

Hope that helps?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi chang
​Just to add to marc's reply, have another look at your meter I think you'll find it is now metric not imperial and measures in cubic metres. The meter database still thinks it's imperial hence the mismatch.
I may be wrong...let us know
chang;36532:
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
It was Nataly, Woz 😉
OK, thank you all for the advice. Will do as suggested.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
What was Nataly...I was nowhere near her....it wasn't me guv, honest...
​oops... some mistake Shirley....
thanks Bev
haha I had to read through the whole b. thread before I realised why you'd posted that...

Bev;36666:
It was Nataly, Woz ������