Solved

Notice your price increase will be looking for new suppliers

• 22 March 2020
  • 7 replies

I noticed your new price for electricity, will now be looking for a new supplier 😑
icon

Best answer by Duppy 24 March 2020, 06:50

Kazerooo.
​​​​​​​The rates shown in your statement is excluding VAT at 5%, the rate shown in your account app or web includes VAT. 12.75p/ kWh + 5% vat = 13.3875p,/ kWh.
​​​​​​​You will also find that the membership fee stated on the statement is excluding VAT, everything is totalled up and then vat added to give the final figure. So no there had not been a price increase.
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hello sCFgroup1
...there hasn't been a price increase, and it's thought that a price drop is imminent.
I do agree that on the comparison websites PP aren't doing well at the moment, but the prices haven't changed. (and I have just checked on MSE to be sure)
May I ask what provoked your post?
The info on prices is here:-
https://community.purepla.net/content/278-what-are-pure-planet-prices-members-rate#ckb_start
as you can see no increase...
sCFgroup1;50611:
I noticed your new price for electricity, will now be looking for a new supplier 😑
Hey @sCFgroup1

Welcome to the Community!

Top advice from @woz - we haven't increased our prices πŸ™‚
We recently published our latest blog about wholesale energy prices which you may find interesting πŸ‘

It's also worth noting that from 1 April our lower 'summer' Direct Debits start!
Actually there has been a price increase despite talk of a drop and wholesale prices going down. Just checked my account and my electric was 12.7500 p/kWh on last months statement, today it says my rate is 13.3875 p/kWh. Gas on last months statement was 2.8400 p/kWh and now shows as 2.982 p/kWh. I did not receive any notification of this price increase which you are meant to receive 2 weeks notice of, I only found out because I logged in and saw the rates had changed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Kazerooo.
​​​​​​​The rates shown in your statement is excluding VAT at 5%, the rate shown in your account app or web includes VAT. 12.75p/ kWh + 5% vat = 13.3875p,/ kWh.
​​​​​​​You will also find that the membership fee stated on the statement is excluding VAT, everything is totalled up and then vat added to give the final figure. So no there had not been a price increase.
Hey @kazerooo

Just to say this is absolutely spot on from @Duppy πŸ™‚

It's also worth knowing we always notify all our Members before a price increase, or decrease πŸ‘
Duppy;50708:
Kazerooo.

​​​​​​​Well clarified there @Duppy.........VAT's the way to do it (joke !!)
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi kaz
This is confusing (for customers), Top right hand side of statement page 1 "All prices exclude VAT unless stated otherwise" so where on the statement did you read the vat-inclusive prices?
The answer is you didn't, I've just checked a random statement and I can't see the unit prices including VAT.
I think you didn't look at the statement but looked at "Your Tariff" on the Usage page where the unit prices do include VAT, in which case you make very good point. I shall suggest a clarity improvement.
kazerooo;50707:
Actually there has been a price increase despite talk of a drop and wholesale prices going down. Just checked my account and my electric was 12.7500 p/kWh on last months statement, today it says my rate is 13.3875 p/kWh. Gas on last months statement was 2.8400 p/kWh and now shows as 2.982 p/kWh. I did not receive any notification of this price increase which you are meant to receive 2 weeks notice of, I only found out because I logged in and saw the rates had changed.