Solved

not getting email reminders to send my meter readings

Good morning. I am not getting email reminders to send my meter readings. Can this be resolved please?

many thanks, Mark

icon

Best answer by Marc 13 July 2021, 12:41

Hi @beanybabes 

Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting.:slight_smile:

As well the excellent replies above, here’s a tip which I know can be good for Hotmail users, if that’s your thing.

It's a way to add the email adress no-reply@purepla.net to your safe senders list

To do this
1. Sign in to your Hotmail account and navigate to your Inbox
2. Click the gear icon located at the upper-right side of the page
3. Select More mail settings
4. Under Preventing junk email, click Safe and blocked senders
5. Click Safe senders
6. In the text box, type in the email address no-reply@purepla.net and then click Add to list.

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Good morning. I am not getting email reminders to send my meter readings. Can this be resolved please?

many thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

have you checked your spam/junk folder? 

Or you could put a reminder in your phone calendar each month yourself. Your readings are always due on the day of the month you originally joined.

If your not sure, check what date is against the last meter reading on your statement.

The app will let you submit readings a day or so before this date.

Plus @beanybabes in the app, tap the top right icon then View or edit your contact details and check (or change) your email address. 

Hi @beanybabes 

Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting.:slight_smile:

As well the excellent replies above, here’s a tip which I know can be good for Hotmail users, if that’s your thing.

It's a way to add the email adress no-reply@purepla.net to your safe senders list

To do this
1. Sign in to your Hotmail account and navigate to your Inbox
2. Click the gear icon located at the upper-right side of the page
3. Select More mail settings
4. Under Preventing junk email, click Safe and blocked senders
5. Click Safe senders
6. In the text box, type in the email address no-reply@purepla.net and then click Add to list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

many thanks, Mark

@beanybabes Do you have a smart meter?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Best thing to do is on 1st each month send the readings through the app just mark it on a calendar as the 1st is usually when PP read meters.

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

many thanks, Mark

@beanybabes  hi Mark, your post is written with the assumption that the community is customer services, and some sort of check/action will be taken, but it isn’t and we don’t have access to your account (and neither do community admin).

If none of the answers here are helpful use wattbot (Help>ask a question) to send a message to customer services. If it’s a smart meter it may be sending readings automatically, if you log into the app you will see in the reading history if that’s the case. If auto you won’t get reminders.

How long have you been with PP and have you ever had reminders?

Best thing to do is on 1st each month send the readings through the app just mark it on a calendar as the 1st is usually when PP read meters.

Regards

That’s a good shout too @Rds261189 I’ve also got a monthly calendar reminder. Have you tried that one? Or are you using traditonal pencil and paper?

Userlevel 7
Badge

No I just remember to take them till my gas smart meter recommission tomorrow 😂😂

No I just remember to take them till my gas smart meter recommission tomorrow 😂😂

Ooh, that’s exciting times @Rds261189 Please do let us know how it goes?

It is pretty cool to have smart readings appear, on time and at the same time every month, in the app. I suspect we’ll start taking them more regularly soon. And one day, of course, the holy grail of every half hour! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Regards

I've got a reminder on my phone calendar every month.  ....I couldn't live without my phone calendar....i put reminders in for  myself about everything....mind like a sieve! 

Do you have one set for everyday saying check calendar? 😈

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ha, ha, I should, shouldn't I? 🤪🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Regards

I've got a reminder on my phone calendar every month.  ....I couldn't live without my phone calendar....i put reminders in for  myself about everything....mind like a sieve! 

Me too @Angelabikerbabe - I'd never remember a thing, my diary is bursting, just telling me to do things 🤣🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

me too then I get the reminders and I still forget...(or I selectively shelve them onto the **** I should have done that shelf)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

me too then I get the reminders and I still forget...(or I selectively shelve them onto the **** I should have done that shelf)

Ha ha, yes that sometimes happens to me too @woz