No response to messages

I’ve tried sending you a couple of messages over the last month and wattbot says it will pass on the message but no one responds.

23 replies

Same here when I sent a message yesterday, no reply or acknowledgement.
I went on Twitter ang got a reply within an hour. They also advised in their reply to 'Message the team' via Wattbot. Think I'll stick to Twitter.
There seems to be a bug in wattbott as well, once you “ask the team” and get an answer from the team, then the conversation seems to be closed and no one ever answers you again
Hi @sudosaurus
Welcome to the community.
Sorry to hear that you've not had a response from the team yet. The WattBot messaging isn't intended to be live-chat but the team always respond as soon as they can. I'm worried that you're not getting any reply at all though, so will flag this up.
What is your query? Perhaps the community can help?
Marc;4741:
Hi @sudosaurus
Welcome to the community.
Sorry to hear that you've not had a response from the team yet. The WattBot messaging isn't intended to be live-chat but the team always respond as soon as they can. I'm worried that you're not getting any reply at all though, so will flag this up.
What is your query? Perhaps the community can help?

Hi Marc,
I’m stuck in a message conversation in Wattbott that is marked as conversation closed at the top and doesn’t get answers anymore. It looks like a bug to me in that I can’t go back and ask Wattbot any questions any more. And my question is “the app is asking for meter readings every day, do you really need this many?”
Tim
Timco;4759:
Hi Marc,
I’m stuck in a message conversation in Wattbott that is marked as conversation closed at the top and doesn’t get answers anymore. It looks like a bug to me in that I can’t go back and ask Wattbot any questions any more. And my question is “the app is asking for meter readings every day, do you really need this many?”
Tim

Hi @Timco
How is the app asking you for a reading everyday? There is def no need to do that. Once a month is fine!
Hi Marc,

Second box down on my account page the green page says, send a meter reading as the heading and then the subheading as please send us a meter reading, that’s like asking 🙂, Tim
Timco;4763:
Hi Marc,

Second box down on my account page the green page says, send a meter reading as the heading and then the subheading as please send us a meter reading, that’s like asking 🙂, Tim

Ah right @Timco I can see why that may appear somewhat demanding, albeit in a polite way.
That's interesting and v useful feedback.
Soon you'll have the option to get notifications when meter readings are needed - that'll be much clearer 👍
Hey @Timco
We've updated our app
Now, when we need a meter reading, a 'Send a meter reading' moon appears on the app's homepage.
When we don't, you won't see it!
(We'll still send a reminder by email to send the monthly reading)
Thanks for this feedback
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi all
I suggest sending readings in a day after you get the reminder email, that way your statement will/*should always be at it's most accurate.

(*There have been a few posts where people have done that but say they still have estimated bills. That's yet to be solved)
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
That's interesting, and if true worrying. I'll wait till it's updated and test it out.
The backbone of PP or any energy company (as I see it) is a functional customer communication platform. You only need to look what's previously happened to other energy companies when they were unable to deal with customer queries after they had system meltdowns...

Timco;4717:
There seems to be a bug in wattbott as well, once you “ask the team” and get an answer from the team, then the conversation seems to be closed and no one ever answers you again
Try going back to bot and see there if team answered
I've sent two messages via wottbot since registering to switch, and heard nothing back. I wanted to change my switch date but they've ignored me and gone ahead with the switch before my old contract was up, so that's going to mean i get an early leaving charge from my old supplier. Pretty annoying since i was promised a response within 48 hours.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hello neil.
When was your old contract meant to end. If you were within the last 49 days of that contract then your old supplier are not allowed ro charge exit fees.
Thanks Jon, yes, I noticed that on the renewal email I received from my old supplier, so maybe I'll be ok - my contract ends on Nov 15th.
Still unimpressed with the lack of response from the PP team though!
Hi @NeilSly
Welcome to the community!
Cheers for posting 🆙
When is your switch date?
Hi Marc,

Switch date is October 15th. I meant to put in November 15th but must have made a mistake. Looks like i might be ok re the early switch date though?
NeilSly;13089:
Hi Marc,

Switch date is October 15th. I meant to put in November 15th but must have made a mistake. Looks like i might be ok re the early switch date though?

Hi @NeilSly
Yep, @Jon1 is spot on, you can't be charged an exit fee if you leave within 49 days of a fixed contract.
So it's all good then?! 😃
Apart from the total lack of response from your help section of the app... all is good. I won't be asking Wottbot anything again, i'll just come here instead.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hello again neil.
To be honest im a true fan of PP love the concept and the way its run. Yes wattbot could be better but as a company they are still learning so i cut them a lot of slack.
I would always recommend people ask the community for answers before asking wattbot as a very high level of questions get answered by marc and fellow members.
Hi Jon,

This seems like a friendly place, so my initial fears have been somewhat allayed. 😉
NeilSly;13110:

This seems like a friendly place

:o
Same problem about no wattbott replies for me today. Had engineer booked to move my meter but they didn't turn up. So no electrical supply tonight and no response from pure planet in app or on Twitter.
Hi @Alasdair
I've flagged this up to the team. It will get sorted