Solved

No display on outside gas meter

• 13 April 2021
  • 8 replies

I recently switched to Pure Planet but recently the display on my outside gas meter which was installed by my previous supplier (not my IHD) is blank and won't activate when I press the buttons.  I called my previous supplier but they said because I no longer had an account with them I had to contact my current supplier.  How do I get this resolved?

icon

Best answer by Angelabikerbabe 13 April 2021, 18:16

Hi Ian

Here is a faq for you to have a look at. There's some instructions in there;

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Ian

Here is a faq for you to have a look at. There's some instructions in there;

I moved to pure planet a few weeks ago following a house move.  There is no IHD but I supplied the gas reading from the outside gas meter when we moved in.  Now there is no display on the gas meter and pressing buttons on the meter doesn’t wake up the display so I can’t get a meter reading.  I contacted the previous supplier (SSE) but they said as I don’t have an account with them I need to contact me current supplier.  What do I need to do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I moved to pure planet a few weeks ago following a house move.  There is no IHD but I supplied the gas reading from the outside gas meter when we moved in.  Now there is no display on the gas meter and pressing buttons on the meter doesn’t wake up the display so I can’t get a meter reading.  I contacted the previous supplier (SSE) but they said as I don’t have an account with them I need to contact me current supplier.  What do I need to do?

Hi Ian, I've answered this in your other duplicate post. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@IanWa 

They don’t seem to be very reliable, (or the batteries don’t), but try jabbing the buttons hard, contacts may have oxidised -worth a try.

I’ve tried 3 or 4 times the last few weeks with no luck. Today I tried again and it came on straight away!! The only thing I can think is today is warmer than when I tried before???  

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’ve tried 3 or 4 times the last few weeks with no luck. Today I tried again and it came on straight away!! The only thing I can think is today is warmer than when I tried before???  

@IanWa could be, batteries don’t like the cold (neither do I)..

Hey @IanWa 

How strange! Thanks for updating us all here in the Community :slight_smile:

If it does stop working, hopefully the FAQ that @Angelabikerbabe linked to will prove useful! 

Just to let you know, I’ve merged your posts together. Having duplicate posts across the Community can get confusing and cause duplicate replies. 

Userlevel 6
Badge

If it does stop again just message team through wattbot or email help@purepla.net

My display was going funny a couple weeks ago I waited for light to go out on it and pressed button again and all readings came up it was very weird.

Regards